which bike would you have bought in 1996?

Another GT LTS here.
Must have been a good choice, bought an STS in 97 when I started my first real job. Still have it.

...Cannondale Super V 3000 - the one with the Hugi hubs and Magic Motorcycle cranks. Technically not perfect but looked awesome!

The LTS is interesting an idea... carbon full sus. Actually I'd like a Mantis Screaming V if it was possible to find one but I think they only made 20.

I already had my parkpre by then, so wasn't looking for anything in 96 :LOL:

I always like the look of the AMP frame and forks though, and steel Konas are always nice. But after seeing so much nice british steel on here (and being able to appreciate it more now than I did back then), if I were able to go back in time then I'd probably be after a Dave Yates - I've already had two of his touring frames, both made to measure (still have the 26" wheel one), and they are brilliant bikes. Top bloke too! One day I will get to go on his framebuilding course. I hope.

my early mountain bike days were in newcastle so of course new of him well, local at the time, think he's in lincolnshire somewhere now but still building.

I dont fancy a Yates, I quite have my mind on something american exotic, maybe a macmahon or clark kent... oh I dont know, what ya got to sell from that era? frame and fork only.

Re:

According to a list i found in april 96 copy of Mountain Bike Action magazine a GT or a Dean, and a whole lot of trick bits :LOL:

Back