What's the rarest part you own?

any123":2wm2u09x said:
how is all this rare

What are you on about, why are you having a go and trying to be clever? It's not a competition, I titled the thread 'what is the rarest part you own'. If someone's rarest part is a Flite, so what, they may love that component and want to show it off. Someone else has already posted that they have a NOS Browning electric crank, so you're not that great really are you!

Hotwheels.":1gfq9whr said:
any123":1gfq9whr said:
how is all this rare

What are you on about, why are you having a go and trying to be clever? It's not a competition, I titled the thread 'what is the rarest part you own'. If someone's rarest part is a Flite, so what, they may love that component and want to show it off. Someone else has already posted that they have a NOS Browning electric crank, so you're not that great really are you!

show me

Here's my browning, complete with a suntour xc finishing kit. Not the best photos, they're the ones I took after getting it from eBay just before putting it away and forgetting about it:

2db5deda03e16e4d481134794a1c5879_zpsfec536b3.jpg

0dd631829eb6884db734b3486b6d5f4f_zpse92e3fa3.jpg

C77FB598-166D-4E27-B5F9-C8568CF7D610_zpso9ixmyza.jpg

Can't find it to take better shots as it's in here somewhere (or one of the two other shelving units just like it:

55154b6cc07d0c284361f8994bcc7914_zps5e5087c3.jpg

Probably my Specialized Direct Drive bottom bracket, the White Industries version.

I have lots of other parts but it's the one I've not seen crop up on here.

any123":2ngzdc3m said:
i suppose on this occasion i have to eat humble pie and say i was wrong which i never am

You must be like me...'I'm not always right, but i'm never wrong'. :D

any123":1ralzzil said:
i suppose on this occasion i have to eat humble pie and say i was wrong which i never am

Sometimes I honestly forget whats in those boxes. Its always nice when you open one up and find NOS cooks or bullseye cranks, as set of 1st gen gripshifts, a box filled with Campa or some long forgotten rims, forks or wheels.

At some point I will have finished renovating the house and will then set to and get the garage sorted. I even have bikes that haven't seen the light of day in a year or so due to my last house move:

(3 of the 8 still in boxes)

That Browning set up was a pain when I first got it 'cos the grease had solidified over the past 25 years and the whole thing was seized (I initially thought it was dead) but now it clicks beautifully and is waiting for some daft project to put it on.

Back