What's so special about Syncros

Hammer & Cycle, Canadian (always cool to us Brits BITD) came on high end Rockies, 'nuff said.

The Seatpost is really no better than the the Kalloy inline (1994) that I now use. But mine is now called Kalloy and I had Syncros... Syncros just sounds better so I will want one again.

Oh and they had a nice hole in the bottom sides, which looked good when it wasn't in the frame.

P.S. the old early 90's seatpost's where crap, they bent and the micro adjust bend and broke easily. The newer style they brough out a few years later was much better (and is what the Kalloy In-line is based on)

Stems where solid and had
a) fancy noodle routing
b) looked really good with the sloping bolt area in later models
c) looked even better with the cattlehead bolt in the side.

d) looks really crap in short sizes

Handle bars, never used. Also never used their forks their ......

orange71":1k3l6wm2 said:
guess you also have to distinguish between old syncros/new syncros like old Ringle/new ringle.

Yeah, anybody know the years/breakdown for when the logos were changes. I have a post that just has the Hammer and Cycle, about 1989. Then I have one that has the "Thompson-like" clamp with a newer logo (withought the "inifinty" logo). Then I see newer ones with the same style clamp but with the "inifinity" logo?? :?

FluffyChicken":2lxj4kol said:
Oh and they had a nice hole in the bottom sides, which looked good when it wasn't in the frame.

That was actually for attaching yer bike lock through so that yer post an saddle didn't get nicked when you thought you had prevented all obvious theft by bolting yer front wheel through the frame...

BTW - the post and saddle had to actually be removed from the frame before passing through the lock...

BoyBurning":297ik5cv said:
FluffyChicken":297ik5cv said:

That was actually for attaching yer bike lock through so that yer post an saddle didn't get nicked when you thought you had prevented all obvious theft by bolting yer front wheel through the frame...

BTW - the post and saddle had to actually be removed from the frame before passing through the lock...

I know really, but that's not a selling point ;) I used it to hang it up by, plus it made it lighter, now that's a selling point :LOL:

Back