Who else is fed up with EBay fees and them withholding payments?

I stopped when they decided they needed my direct bank account details and stopped paypal.

To "distance" myself from issues of security etc, i ran an ebay only credit card. This had a £100 limit on it, through PayPal.....that provided me with enough distance from lost data or Ebay deciding to do something ridiculous!

But i just couldn't be bothered / thought it was not wise, to set up a whole new bank account, just for ebay to take / pay money just when they felt like it.

Blow that for a game of soldiers!

Im now not buying much from them either....completly agree about it becoming like a poor mans Amazon too.

I too have been on ebay for a long time, 19 years to be exact.
Ever since they abandoned paypal, I realise just how little of the sale price gets paid out.
I am using promoted listings to sell things quicker (they take even more of a cut)

I didn't realise it was as high as 10% until only a few weeks ago.
I too am disgusted.

Still, do you know what they charge at online art galleries?
Thirty percent!

I've sold expensive bikes through ebay, collection only, when the buyer arrives cancel the sale (as long as they're agreeable) and do the deal face to face, ebay gets nothing ;)

Some will try to scam you no matter how you decide to buy or sell items. Ebay works for me because it offers another level of protection when buying and selling and saves me time and stress if an issue does arise.

The services they provide along with the unrivaled number of potential customers is easily worth the 2% fees to me.

As for holding fees, it is next day for me, and I have said before on here, and ebay tell you in the user agreement you signed when you joined, that you can request fees owed at any time.

Some will try to scam you no matter how you decide to buy or sell items. Ebay works for me because it offers another level of protection when buying and selling and saves me time and stress if an issue does arise.

The services they provide along with the unrivaled number of potential customers is easily worth the 2% fees to me.

As for holding fees, it is next day for me, and I have said before on here, and ebay tell you in the user agreement you signed when you joined, that you can request fees owed at any time.
I agree with the buyer protection. eBay will take care of you if you are caught up in the deep end. And at the end of the day it's arguably one of the largest marketplaces in the world and not using it is just missing out.

That said there's so many chancers on there and it does my nut in :D

I stopped when they decided they needed my direct bank account details and stopped paypal.

To "distance" myself from issues of security etc, i ran an ebay only credit card. This had a £100 limit on it, through PayPal.....that provided me with enough distance from lost data or Ebay deciding to do something ridiculous!

But i just couldn't be bothered / thought it was not wise, to set up a whole new bank account, just for ebay to take / pay money just when they felt like it.

Blow that for a game of soldiers!

Im now not buying much from them either....completly agree about it becoming like a poor mans Amazon too.

Before both ebay and paypal had access to your account and any monies owed them, regardless of how much you said you had left in your account. And now just ebay holds your personal details instead of both.

:LOL:Yep, some very ingenious ideas too.
I adore the oddities on there, weird builds and strange mangled bikes that's been corrupted by some nutter with mediocre brazing skills, they're all fine in my book. It's only the people that try to drain every bit of happiness out of the retro community with absurd prices, and hoarders of rarities they don't have any use for, that grinds my gears.

Back