Who else is fed up with EBay fees and them withholding payments?

jimwise68

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've sold a few things recently on Ebay and their fees and payment withholding is just a joke now.
In fact it infuriated me so much I wished there was another place to be able to buy and sell parts, so I built a website to do just that.

I have listed some of my bits on there and have a whole load more to go on.

If you want to take a look or put some bits on there, then fill your boots. It's all free. No charges taken. Just list your bits.

All fully searchable aswell to make it easier to find items. I will be adding to the database of brands etc as it grows.

here is a link if anyone is interested:

https://pedaltwice.co.uk

EBay payouts are next day for me so don’t see it as a issue.

There are many sales sites online Inc here but eBay has the most traffic and that’s what you pay for. If you wait for discounted listings it’s not that bad to be fair.

Fair play for having a go and hope it works but I find it hard enough listing on fb, gumtree , here and eBay for each item. 90% sell via eBay.

I assume its quite a new thing?
yes put it live yesterday.

EBay payouts are next day for me so don’t see it as a issue.

There are many sales sites online Inc here but eBay has the most traffic and that’s what you pay for. If you wait for discounted listings it’s not that bad to be fair.

Fair play for having a go and hope it works but I find it hard enough listing on fb, gumtree , here and eBay for each item. 90% sell via eBay.
I've sold plenty of items on ebay over the last 20 years, but it just seems to be getting worse. Worse for the seller. But it has great search facilities over the other places to sell. Marketplace is weird for me, I will re-search for something I found and it wont be there again, but if it is saved I can then click on it.

I built it to help people save costs and also be able to find things easier. I got a bee in my bonnet over my last sale and heard lots of other people moaning about Ebay, so I thought "why not...".

I put on a set of maguras and I think 10% is just taking the piss. If it was lower then it would be acceptable, they’ve got to make money somehow. Secondly I sold them sometime like 28th oct to 1st of nov and they’re holding the payment for a FORTNIGHT, now that’s just silly, what if I needed the money now? Which I do…

I put on a set of maguras and I think 10% is just taking the piss. If it was lower then it would be acceptable, they’ve got to make money somehow. Secondly I sold them sometime like 28th oct to 1st of nov and they’re holding the payment for a FORTNIGHT, now that’s just silly, what if I needed the money now? Which I do…
Precisely, I sold a bike and I like to post my items out straight away (mainly because I am impatient lol), but had to wait 2 days before being able to do it. A little thing to some people. but for me I like my funds in straightaway so I can complete the transaction. I'm not a business, I'm a private seller so use the postage costs from the sale to post the items out.

I absolutely know what you are talking about. I am an eBay member since 1999/2000 and have more than 12.000 fedback points in total on my accounts.

eBay has constantly become worse and worse! Rights for buyers have increased like hell whilst sellers have been handcuffed tighter and tighter over time. Its just no fun anymore to sell there!

I can not cornfirm, that "eBay has the most traffic". Amazon, craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and the german eBay Kleinanzeigen have skyrocketed (do you say it like that?) over the last 2 years. Traffic has become less and less at eBay. Exactly because of these fees! Ebay more or less only consists of brand new Amazon ish and Aliexpress like items. The amount of interesting used item has declined vastly!

Ive had several bad experiences lately that would not have happened 3 or 5 years ago:

I shipped out an item. Added the tracking. The seller claimed a non received item. Meanwhile the tracking showed, that it is still on its way. eBay withhold my money and payed him back although the item was sill on the way! Clearly visible in the ongoing tracking info! Hilarious decision there against me as the seller!

Another one: Again, I shipped out a Cannondale frame. Seller said it didnt arrive. Tracking showed it is in the store for him to fetch it! eBay withheld the money and payed him back! He didnt go and get the item! Okay, the frame was returned to me 2 weeks later. But then the seller ghosted and never made any contact anymore.

According to German general laws, it is basically forbidden what eBay does and how much influence they have on these procedures.

It has become super frustrating!

I absolutely know what you are talking about. I am an eBay member since 1999/2000 and have more than 12.000 fedback points in total on my accounts.

eBay has constantly become worse and worse! Rights for buyers have increased like hell whilst sellers have been handcuffed tighter and tighter over time. Its just no fun anymore to sell there!

I can not cornfirm, that "eBay has the most traffic". Amazon, craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and the german eBay Kleinanzeigen have skyrocketed (do you say it like that?) over the last 2 years. Traffic has become less and less at eBay. Exactly because of these fees! Ebay more or less only consists of brand new Amazon ish and Aliexpress like items. The amount of interesting used item has declined vastly!

Ive had several bad experiences lately that would not have happened 3 or 5 years ago:

I shipped out an item. Added the tracking. The seller claimed a non received item. Meanwhile the tracking showed, that it is still on its way. eBay withhold my money and payed him back although the item was sill on the way! Clearly visible in the ongoing tracking info! Hilarious decision there against me as the seller!

Another one: Again, I shipped out a Cannondale frame. Seller said it didnt arrive. Tracking showed it is in the store for him to fetch it! eBay withheld the money and payed him back! He didnt go and get the item! Okay, the frame was returned to me 2 weeks later. But then the seller ghosted and never made any contact anymore.

According to German general laws, it is basically forbidden what eBay does and how much influence they have on these procedures.

It seem hobbyists (people who sell frequently) are leaving Ebay. Like you I have seen a drastic reduction in sellers rights. My wife and I have both had stuff delivered and buyer said it didnt get posted. So you have to take out postage with insurance that costs more. Then sellers challenge you on high prices for postage and it just becomes a ball-ache. As you said, it never used to be like that.

You obviously haven’t sold on Amazon ?

Their fees make eBay look cheap. Plus all the hoops you jump through and no control over your own stock or sales.

FB marketplace is ok for cheap local stuff but nowhere on the scale of eBay.

Back