What state is retro biking in at the moment?

Re:

New stainless chainring bolts now fitted. Saddle repaired and a spot of recabling done. Smart Sams on and I can ride tomorrow :D

legrandefromage":qyadqqvf said:

Better - I've just bought a frame...

It's a lovely colour too, and that stem... :cool:

Keep meaning to get back to you about the Orbit, bit late now I guess? :LOL:

The dogs ate my glasses. No joke.

Can't see what state it's in at the mo. Fuzzy.

774b37333441e4775c302d039e8ca02c_zpse6092765.jpg

legrandefromage":34can0nw said:

Better - I've just bought a frame...

Anything of note ? sus or non sus :?
How many guesses do we get :?

My garage is in a state due to retro, does that count? Far too many shiny things adorn my collection than I know what to do with, or have the time to contemplate. Kind of a nice position to be in, but it does make deciding what to do next hard, and the practicalities mean that I spend more time moving things round than I do building.

Some might say the fact that I am building up a modern bike suggests that retro biking is not in a good state, but it is a skinny steel tubed modern frame, so not all bad, and the reason, I don't want to trash my retro steeds as I do actually plan to start riding rather than building. This could mean a bit of a cull on the parts and frame stash, but not before I build the nuke proof reactor (bought after I decided I had enough to deal with already).

Retro is alive and kicking for me, it just has a modern bed fellow to look after it.

I dont want to ride my Zaskar.

Its 21 this month.

The slut bike is now a Marin FRS. The sweets & comics shop bike will be an incoming Saracen.

I was always crap at trigonometry at school, perhaps that's why I don't like GT's?
Is this true for anyone else?

Rampage":2qfndqlj said:
I was always crap at trigonometry at school, perhaps that's why I don't like GT's?
Is this true for anyone else?

My nick-name with my Sunday football team is isosceles

Re:

There has been a steady decline in retro traffic (MTB) on here for 3 years, for a variety of reasons IMHO.
Less money around, the big fans have acquired what they fancy, people getting older! The climate is getting much wetter, so MTB is not much fun and spending a fortune on a stunning retro steed, to have it wrecked on muddy rides, doesn't appeal.
This latter reason, is born out by a friend who owns a large independent bike outlet. He recently commented along the lines of this thread:-
10-20 years ago, Mtb's out sold road bikes twenty to one, but now folks are sick of cleaning bikes and the road dries out fast, unlike a trail, he now sells 11 road bikes to one MTB, which reflects a lot of the issues, coupled with the success of Team GB- cycling road has pretty much wiped out MTB.
Over the same past 3 years, the road section on here, has become much more active.

Back