What state is retro biking in at the moment?

The state of retro biking, same as it always was and alway will be. Fun, wheels are round, nobody will agree, suspension and disc brakes ain’t new, paint is for losers ;) and they get dead expensive or dead cheap......without the new they don’t get old, same as us.

Let’s embrace it......but from 2 metres haha

Re: Re:

M-Power":28x6sub0 said:
Noticed a lot of young 20s-30s bike shop staff buying so called iconic retro bikes in the last year.

Almost describes me- I'm in my 30s, worked in a shop a few years back and just bought a Klein. But I'm a big nerd. I make hand-drawn 90s mtb art (like my avatar) and cast bronze mtb jewelry and stuff like that.

Speaking more broadly, there's an older guy that rides a Dolomite Attitude in my neighborhood sometimes, I flagged him down one day and chatted him up. Turned out his reputation actually preceded him- I had heard stories about someone riding a full rigid ~93 Attitude down some of the rougher trails in my area, and it was him! Being in the Pacific Northwest, many of our downhill trails are no joke. So that guy is something of an inspiration to me...

There's something to be said for feeling every single bit of what a knarly trail has to offer running through your entire body, rattling your teeth, and shaking your head so much you can barely see...50 year old ex XC junkie

Back