What football teams do we support ?

Sheesh, you septics are a touchy lot aren't you?

Did you not see the irony signs ( :twisted: and ;) )?

I know professional American "footballers" are big, (steroid popping?) hard men, but compare the game to either code of rugby and I think you'll agree it's nowhere near as intense.

This is not just my opinion, but is also based on conversations with 3 guys I knew at university who had all been American "football" scholarship holders at university in the states. 1 a Rosebowl winning centre, one quaterback and one linebacker. They all declared themselves shocked by the fitness requirement and intensity of effort required in even a club level game of Rugby Union. To quote the former linebacker, "The same 15 guys on the field for 80 minutes with only a 10 minute break, no pads, no special teams. Wow, that's a crazy sport."

orange71":27d80mnt said:
Fairweather Derby County fan :roll:

Another one here mate, don't tent to shout about it at the moment :oops:
but been a season ticket holder on and off since the late seventies. Not much fun over here in Notts i can assure you.

Defiant":2w7cqfx7 said:

my kid was in Amsterdam to see ajax (his favorite) and psv when they had the police strike--needless to say he was p' ed off---now i just read they cancelled it again??

Latest posts

Back