What digital camera do you use?

I use a Samsung NV10.

If you want something small for cycling it's pretty neat, and is a point and shoot camera when set to auto but has all the manual features should you wish to use them. It has a metal case rather than plastic, and it takes knocks and drops well, mine has a few dents and still works fine.

What's important to know, it's not all about the the number of pixels, the lens is very important, the bigger the better tbh, That's why a 5Mpixel Camera will outstrip a 5Mpixel phone anyday, its just down to the lens.

So some of these compact cameras now have started coming with bigger lenses, the NV7 will take better photos if it's not too big for you.

The new versions of my NV10 (NV11) are certainly worth considering. They also take brilliant HD videos should you wish to mount them.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=samsung+nv11&hl=en

56624.jpg

samsung-nv11_4B.jpg

Of course a Digital SLR will take much better photo but they are very bulky to carry around cycling!

Hope this is helpful.

:D

tintin40":a00ix3l4 said:
Any Panasonic Lumix :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: mine cost £60 best £60 i've ever spent on a camera :D

second that, great low budget camera with good quality pics........ or a Canon G11 if you want to spend a little more (great compact camera with RAW option and very solid build)

Panasonic LUMIX FX35 :!: :
P1000388-2.jpg

I too am a Lumix fan, very low shutter delay compared to many others. Nice lenses and solid cobnstruction.

Cheers for all the replies,

It's hard to know where to start with cameras, there's so many! :?

I've also heard good reports on the Lumix range,but its good to have a few other options too. :D

So i better get reading some reviews and spending some money!
:roll: ;)

Rich

Glad this thread has come up having just dropped and smashed the lens on my pentax optio s10 :cry: That makes two compact digital cameras this year, at least this one was mine.

Now need another pocket/camelbak size point and shoot camera, can't be luging the dslr around. The Lumix look good and come well reviewed (almost sold to me on that one pic of Roys). Anyone used one of the 'water resistant' crop like the pentax w60??

Considered the "tough" cameras myself but wasn't sure of;

-Pic quality
-Extra cost (compared to non"tough")
-If i really need a water,frost and dustproof camera

I tend to chicken out of riding if the weather gets that bad! :roll: :oops: :LOL:

Nikon for SLR, Canon for compact - I'd probably get something like an Ixus 95 IS if I was in the market for a compact at the mo. I don't really see the point in spending much more than that on a compact, but IS would be well worth having.

I currently have a Nikon D90s SLR and an old Nikon Coolpix 3100 digital compact.
For my video work I mostly use a Panasonic cameras and I've always been impressed with the optical quality from their Leica lenses.
Having also used the recent Panasonic compact stills cameras, the next compact digital I buy will more than likely be a Panasonic Lumix.

I know someone with a Canon G9 for £200, pretty good camera's without the baggage of an SLR.

Drop me a pm and I could put you in touch with him, he's a trusted member of another forum I use with feedback etc.

g9.jpg

Back