What digital camera do you use?

ratch

Old School Hero
Hi all,
I'm in the market for a new camera for all my biking pics.

Only a point and shoot,as i want to take it on rides so nothing big (or technical :oops: :roll: ) And no more than £200

So what do you all use/recommend?

ratch":11c4g9e6 said:
Hi all,
I'm in the market for a new camera for all my biking pics.

Only a point and shoot,as i want to take it on rides so nothing big (or technical :oops: :roll: ) And no more than £200

So what do you all use/recommend?

Ive got a Fujifilm Finepix S5500 which is about 4 years old, has been super-reliable so far and produces nice pics. It cost £59 secondhand about 3 months ago from Swansea Camera Centre. It has full program mode but also aperture and shutter priority, and also full manual fo when I want to do a bit more + the usual sport/portrait etc modes, which I never use. Being a bridge camera (sort of halfway between the size of a compact and an SLR) it can be annoying to find room for in my riding pack.

My girlfriend has a Fuji too, which was £49 from Tesco last year, 8mp and quite small without being too small for my hands to hold properly. Think its an A860. I take this on alot of rides just because it's a bit smaller than mine.

Attachments

• fujis5500zspecsview.jpg
    fujis5500zspecsview.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2,531
  • fujifilm-a860.jpg
    fujifilm-a860.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 2,531
I've always used fuji cameras never had any problems with them. I currently use a finepix F20LE when biking. Check out the new Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR and the FinePix f100FD both had good reviews

I've got a fuji finepix f900 that's pretty good, also use a couple of Olympus Mjus as well at home and work - maybe a bit more suited to a riding/outdoors camera as they are supposed to be a bit more resilient to water/dust/shock than normal, they also take pretty good photos!

got a really old kodak dc3200 that is a real point and shoot camera
most of the pics are pretty good and you should get one for cheap
second hand ,bit bulky tho but has an indestructible feel about it

using a panasonic lumix tz7 at the moment got more functions than i know
but a brilliant camera when you get it right

Any Panasonic Lumix :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: mine cost £60 best £60 i've ever spent on a camera :D

Second the Lumix recommendation, bought ours from Tesco for a smidge under £70 and it's a cracking little Camera, decent pics and a great Video mode, battery lasts ages and it's small enough to drop in a pocket.

I got a Canon Powershot D-10 last year. It was a smidge over 200 GBP (bought out here) but is probably cheaper in the UK.

I love it. It's waterproof to 10m and a robust little fella. Takes great pictures, above and below water and I have no qualms about dropping it in the mud or sand because you can just wash it.

Analog Kid":1yqawad5 said:
Second the Lumix recommendation, bought ours from Tesco for a smidge under £70 and it's a cracking little Camera, decent pics and a great Video mode, battery lasts ages and it's small enough to drop in a pocket.

There is some crossover between these Lumix and Leica which must be good surely. The way I understand it is, that the Lumix and Leica paired models produce the same RAW image, but process it differently, quite similar to the old Yashica SLRs being virtually identical to certain Contax models.

Nikon D3000 DSLR

I sold a retrobike to pay for it. I havent regreted it yet.

nikon_d3000.jpg

Back