Well that didn't last long. Ressurection: Marin IFT.

I got a Bobc.at Trail chro-mo F&F going free to good home, medium frame, needs blasting and spraying, Carmarthen. Bars, post and saddle are original Marin Lite too but the stem had to get cut out, saddle aint in good nick.

Did a mock-up for the bike with a hodge podge of bits as I don't have everything I want yet.
Bike rides nicely, it still feels a little too short and I really don't want to add much more height to the saddle.

Also what's the deal with the XTR brake pads, their stopping power is very lackluster to say the least. Now I know I have V-Brake levers mounted (I think) but these should really work better imo.
No oily stuff on the rim or brake, I'll clean them tomorrow and see if I can get it to work better.
The brake levers and shifters won't be on the finished bike.

20230330_155454.jpg
20230330_155500.jpg

You need canti levers bit V-Brake levers.. It'll never be good.
They are designed differently.

(I am assuming you don't have the black moon things in like all sensible people remove, even then they'll not be as good.)
Get some M900 levers and lop off the hanger if you need to.

Also you're straddles. Are way too high, best to use Shimano's A/73 setup with them or guesstimate where it would be. (usually around the reflector hole mount hole)
(or 73mm ish from canti to straddle, I forget where they measure from)

You need canti levers bit V-Brake levers.. It'll never be good.
They are designed differently.

(I am assuming you don't have the black moon things in like all sensible people remove, even then they'll not be as good.)
Get some M900 levers and lop off the hanger if you need to.

Also you're straddles. Are way too high, best to use Shimano's A/73 setup with them or guesstimate where it would be. (usually around the reflector hole mount hole)
(or 73mm ish from canti to straddle, I forget where they measure from)
Don’t “lop” off hangers from perfectly good m900 levers😵‍💫

I am looking for the M900 Brifters, but people are asking 100+ euros for shitty scratched looking ones.
The front cantis have a "makeshift" spring atm so I'm not looking at those for braking power.
The back ones are the ones I'm judging the brake power off, also I'm not sure what you mean by "lop off", I will use straddle hangers (is that what they are called) most likely Onza Pills if I can find them for a good price.

Back