Well off topic ;) Mp's Expenses

cchris2lou":ga760emr said:
Pickle":ga760emr said:
cchris2lou":ga760emr said:
not a lot of money compared to what gas and electricity companies are making every month . :evil:

Yup

My gas bill has just near doubled today :roll:

exactly and nobody cares about it .

Just add it as an expense :!:

Lock them up for tax fraud and taking the p!ss :evil:

Sorry for the coming rant !!! what really gets me is that they get pissed off when a member of the public challenges them about there expenses, they talk to them as they are above them WE put them in this posistion of power and they are there to serve us :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: AAAGGGHHHHH !!! We are there bosses i say lets go to parliment and bunny hop on there heads till they agree :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OK feel better breath breath phew !!!

gibbleking":2tslgx57 said:
come the revolution bruvvas........i mean comrade bruvva........

I wish mate...I wish.

Nah, we'll just bitch about a few quid the politians have sp*nked on expenses whilst the governments dole out billions to the banks...let alone other minor issues... :roll:

xizang":bg3q5qnh said:
Lock them up for tax fraud and taking the p!ss :evil:

So agree.

I was told by a friend in the 'know' this was started by the last conservative gov as a way of them getting a better pay rise. Instead of the normal pay rise of say 10%.And then the media getting up tight over MP's big pay rise. give a small pay rise. And then use expenses to top it up :roll:

Harryburgundy":1qh82pkb said:
...let alone other minor issues... :roll:

You mean like the 78 million they've just paid for a new type of trident missile?

Isn't it funny how they always find the money for their expenses and military spending but any other time it's the old money's tight excuse? :evil: :evil:

We're in the biggest recession since who knows how long and they suddenly find enough money to spend on a bloody trident missile. That money would be better off spent on something more useful. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Totally agree Xesh....the level of spending on Defence this country has historically spent has always irked me....we are a tiny Island nation....and what do we have the UN and NATO for?

Harryburgundy":d6bwla6j said:
Totally agree Xesh....the level of spending on Defence this country has historically spent has always irked me....we are a tiny Island nation....and what do we have the UN and NATO for?

Seconded
How can we have such a large defence bill when we're hearing the man on the ground is getting kit 40 years late or falling apart or even causing their death.
Simple, not all the money gets spent on actual weaponry or development .Given past experience,I'd say a very large chunk of it goes on administration
The single biggest drain on the UK's expenses

As to NATO and the UN :roll: ,I wouldn't trust them to save my bacon in a conflict.
------------------------------------------------------------

:roll:
Hopefully if we become Independent,We wont need that big a admin budget as we don't have the centuries old political infrastructure on the scale of Westminster

They're politicians FFS. You're not supposed to trust them. Or believe a word they say. Giving any individual political power will tempt them to corrupt activities as it's human nature.

Only surprise for me is that nobody rumbled them earlier.

Problem is, no-one's come up with a better form of government yet.

People in this country seem to enjoy bending over for the boss and then moaning about it. What about taking some bloody action for a change. We could start by actually using our vote!

Voter turnout at the general elections in 2001/2005 averaged at 60%, thats the lowest turnout since 1945! Labour won the last election with 35% of the vote, which in real terms represents just 22% of the population. That means that this country is currently governed by a political party that was brought to power despite 78% of the population either not wanting them in power or not being arsed who runs the country. Is it any surprise that MPs are acting in this way, the public clearly doesn't give a toss any more, if they did, they'd vote.

If people want politicians that are accountable and that represent the public/countries interests rather than their own then they should get out there, learn about their politicians, question their integrity and the issues that are important to them and then get off their arses and vote accordingly.

MPs expenses are an important issue as is defense spending et al, but as far as I'm concerned, the braying masses who can't be arsed to vote have no right to complain.

Back