Wanted, MTB Frame for Tourer Build. (newbie)

It's a good bike for the job, but I agree it's a bit small. And £105 is a lot.

Is there a bike recycling charity near you? The ideal candidate will be relatively affordable there, everyone wants suspension these days.

Agree with Chris: nice enough frame, ghastly bits on it. Wait, something better will turn up.
Dawes did some stunning frames which are deeply unfashionable and go for peanuts.

One other point: avoid the high-end framesets. While they are gorgeous to ride unladen, they can get a bit flexy when loaded with panniers which makes them a bit of a handful. Also they tend to be longer in the top tube which makes them less comfortable for a long day's riding.

Thanks for the advice once again.
I actually went into a cycle shop today just to have a nose about while I was out.
The owner was trying to sell me a chris boardman ? (not sure of spelling) second hand, ally frame, and carbon forks.
I hope I don't upset anybody by saying this but it looked pretty plastic, £325.
He advised buying it just to make sure I like cycling then upgrade.
Not for me frankly, missed out on a nice Dawes earlier on Ebay, but early days still and I have a lot to learn.
I must say i've come to the right place.
Many thanks

Re:

Sold a Ridgeback 604 from 89 recently. Tange Prestige throughout and it has front fork 'mid blade' carrier brazeons. Bomb proof, very light and with a lively forgiving ride.

Ghastly chainset, mech pulleys are completely worn out. Price is on the cheeky side whne you consider that there will be £30+ postage too.

Close but no cigar...

It would be a great bike at 1/3 of the price. Condition is everything.

These bikes are not worth that much. The Orbit I linked to is as much as you need to spend. Besides which, it’s better quality.

Back