Vintage Trials anyone?

Here’s a nice one for you: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295260420000?hash=item44bee477a0:g:edIAAOSwxwdfyRKd
Getting harder to find unmodded bikes these days it seems. The Pre 65 scene seems to have relaxed reg’s lately?

Very nice, would be scared of dropping that one though :)

I was looking at slightly newer twin shocks to compete on, as opposed to an often nowadays dearer pre-65 bike, though i do like the looks more and would have a few no doubt if i had the space.

As far as reg's and such, it seems to vary a bit between clubs/events, but it is mostly for fun so a bit of leeway.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I hear you re’ competition use, the performance and reliability of the later bikes makes much more sense. It’s shocking how prices of all vintage bikes have rocketed in recent years though, even mundane Jap bikes going for several £k. I paid £2.8k for my TL when it *should* be worth about 800 quid! 😆

As for the pre 65 scene, earlier in the year I went to an event in Middleton by Youlgrave (first I’d ever seen). There we’re about 80 competing, and man the bikes were beautiful. But it was all after-market shocks and CNCd bits which I was surprised to see. Not a single Greeves either which seemed a bit odd!

Big bore two strokes were always a bit scary to ride as they would hit their power band and take off! Power bands on modern bikes are so smooth.
IT425 and 465:oops:
🥵Obviously YZ, CR, RM, PE as well. Mate had a KDX 200 and that was very nice to ride. Wonderful, oh Husqvarna too. Awkward left hand kick start though.

just remembered that i had a nvt 125.....how could i forget that? all my mates progressed on to fantic's and ty's. but i loved my nvt!

I hear you re’ competition use, the performance and reliability of the later bikes makes much more sense. It’s shocking how prices of all vintage bikes have rocketed in recent years though, even mundane Jap bikes going for several £k. I paid £2.8k for my TL when it *should* be worth about 800 quid! 😆

As for the pre 65 scene, earlier in the year I went to an event in Middleton by Youlgrave (first I’d ever seen). There we’re about 80 competing, and man the bikes were beautiful. But it was all after-market shocks and CNCd bits which I was surprised to see. Not a single Greeves either which seemed a bit odd!
My TY from 1977,cost me £675 new probably well over two grand now.
DSC00646.JPG

Back