Vintage Trials anyone?

Been keeping an eye out for a nice twin shock for a while, getting harder to find as it seems to be growing a bit at the moment.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cool! To be honest I’ve only just started to learn about Micks achievements and involvement as I often visit the site in the video above where there’s an information board celebrating him. He still organises rides there apparently. Don’t think there’s much of a vintage scene though, probably lots of GasGas’ by the sounds of it - bit intimidating for my feeble TL!

Really missing my 46 year old TL125 whilst it’s in for repairs. It might be gutless but it’s tons of fun.
A bit of random browsing on Youtube finds this - Sammy Miller still sending it…at 86! A true legend.
Many years ago a lad from my village was sponsored by Sammy Miller. His ride was a TL 125 bored out to 150,but he came from riding a 325 Bultaco and he never really got on with it!

Many years ago a lad from my village was sponsored by Sammy Miller. His ride was a TL 125 bored out to 150,but he came from riding a 325 Bultaco and he never really got on with it!
Yeah I can imagine, they don’t really compare! Sweet reliable little bikes though, good for learning technique on despite/due to lacking grunt.
I think tricked out Miller TLs had the High Boy 531 frames which shaved over 11lbs, so pretty light too.

Last edited:
Back