Re: Re:

RobMac":3tbf2sji said:
old_coyote_pedaller":3tbf2sji said:
Gonnae tell us whit yer up tae, neebs?
e14534.gif

RobMac":3tbf2sji said:
He's bought a Biplane :cool:

Sorry thats Aerodrome innit :oops: :oops:

When Brian wrote velodrome in his OP, I read it as aerodrome which reminded me of Boyndie kart track which is on an aerodrome, like another kart track at on an aerodrome at Crail. And there was one on an aerodrome near Stranraer, jeez, that was a long drive tae get there. There's a few down south too on aerodromes. OK, I'll stop now. :facepalm:

Looking forward (I think) to seeing this :)
There is a grass track at Halkirk games quite soon. Its one of the few where there is still decent money on offer as well.
Of all the ones up this way Halkirk has the largest field and seems the most hotly contested. Its promoted for a fun events, which it is with lots of kids and juniors, just the main field has some class riders.

Jamie

Its good to watch, I suppose its like a cross between a flat velodrome and speedway. Just an oval or circular track marked off on the grass, some are big other quite small.
Road or cross type bikes usually, though mtbs are sometimes allowed. Definately cross tyres and quite often, especially on the older machines on short tracks they are singlespeed.
I've only seen it at Halkirk up this way the last few years. The big Caithness show doesn't have it so its most likely the smaller shows.

Here's one from Cupar Games. Its a big track and a handicap but its gets interesting around 1.45 into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFe86sXMHDU

Jamie

Latest posts

Back