Velo de Ville, pub bike fat tire project, HotRod style

can i have the tyres...pweeeese..
if not...where can i get some and how much and are they 26 inchers...

Nice :)

Random question -- what's the centre stand? I'm looking for a bipod one for my tandem (to make loading children easier) but having trouble finding one that'll fit around a 2in tyre when folded.

gibbleking":24140did said:
can i have the tyres...pweeeese..
if not...where can i get some and how much and are they 26 inchers...

These are 26" MTB tires. INNOVA 26x2.35 59-559. Here is a link of the store I ordered from (in the Netherlands): http://www.cruisecontrolbikes.nl/algemeen/1607-streethog--whitewall-26x235-inch-1000000002669.html

MikeD":24140did said:
-- what's the centre stand? I'm looking for a bipod one for my tandem (to make loading children easier) but having trouble finding one that'll fit around a 2in tyre when folded.
Here you go: http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/xtreme-two-legged-stand-rastmaxx-quick-adjust/aid:228776
This is the same as mine and I ride the 2.35" tires with it and have plenty of clearance...

Gruff":24140did said:
'speshly the grey colour,very understated :cool:
The colour was a bit of crime to find out. Whit a normal grey, it looked a bit pink-ish because of the red wheels, but with the green-ish grey it's just right... In real live you can see the powdercoat is with a light structure in it, so it realy looks like a ground/base coat... kind of unfinished... exactly as I wanted it, so it looks a bit more RadRod-a-like...

Thanks for the comments all !! :cool: :D I'll post some pics of it when the fenders are mounted...

....and than... back to Mountainbikes again.. though this really was a fun project to do in between.... and gets me at the pub when not in my shed or in the woods... ;)

Today I picked up the my home made wooden fenders... and put 'm on... Now it looks real classy I think... :D

Finally finished.... so to pub..

Attachments

• white walls + spatborden (4).JPG
    white walls + spatborden (4).JPG
    169 KB · Views: 1,467
  • white walls + spatborden (2).JPG
    white walls + spatborden (2).JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 1,467
  • white walls + spatborden (7).JPG
    white walls + spatborden (7).JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 1,467
That's very cool!
I like the chain guard, is it single speed specific? Looks like 'Chainslider' on the pics, do you have any info?

stewlewis":3mfm66nz said:
That's very cool!
I like the chain guard, is it single speed specific? Looks like 'Chainslider' on the pics, do you have any info?

It's called a Chainglider... from Hebie.. It's for bikes with one cog at the rear... this bike has 2 gears with the 'new' Sturmey Archer kick back 2-speed hub...

Back