Veganism

<looks at lamb stew>

listen to the Two Sisters chicken saga whilst my Yorkcestershire puddings are on the rise:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09bxp0y#play

I no longer want to eat chicken

The lamb leg has been in the freezer about 18 months btw, better eat it now, theres a large beef joint left, the rest is meatless.

Can go veggie but not vegan.

Pro tip: Don't freeze meat if you can.

Not harmful of anything like that(unless at an incorrect temperature) but as it freezes, the water in the cells expands, breaks the walls of the cell and when the meat is defrosted all the water goes with it, resulting in a dry product.

Re:

Only freeze well packaged meat produce for up to 3 months. Occasionally, 'freezer burn' taints produce transforming the texture and taste. Best eating most things fresh really. Mind you, my freezer is groaning with veg and bagged up portions of sloes for making batches of gin.

None of that is actually true. The record for our freezer is about 6 years, it cooked lovely . That's what freezers are for, freezing impulse purchases for decades.

I go way past the recommendations for freezer storage too! without any issues but I do vacuum pack the intended long term items.

legrandefromage":208dbyj2 said:
None of that is actually true. The record for our freezer is about 6 years, it cooked lovely . That's what freezers are for, freezing impulse purchases for decades.

So true!

My misses Is trying to organise her works Christmas bash, needs to include halal and vegan! What a palava.

Can't folks be a little flexible.

Back