Veganism

I rarely venture into the GOT pages but came across this thread today whilst looking for something else.

I turned vegetarian around age 13 and went vegan two and a half years ago. I did eat meat for a period of a few years in my 30’s. I work away from home during the week and find it hard to find vegan meals but at home I genuinely feel that we don’t miss out.

Re:

Been vegan for 4 months now, also really don't feel like I'm missing out. If anything I'm eating a wider variety of better quality food now :) Plus, because plants are less calorie-dense than meat and dairy, I can have larger portions! Win-win..

My wife eats vegan and I'm vegetarian. So most of the cooked meals are vegan, just because it is more simple to only cook one meal. I do 99% of the cooking and I had to get used to it, but you learn as you go. Before she went vegan we allways had a few different cheeses in the fridge, now maybe one. Too much cheese takes a lott of energy, at least for my body. My body reacts so much better to veggies, although I prefer my yoghurt breakfast... I thonk it is possible to go vegan, just feel I'm good as I am, lower on cheese, more veggies and no meat.

Re:

Went semi Veg in the last month for health reasons, after being a big meat eater for 51yrs. I try to eat wild salmon or free range skinless ckn maybe 2/3 times a week. Plenty of evidence that a pure veg/vegan diet can reverse artereosclerosis to some degree after ~ 2yrs. Im trying to work towards that, more veggie. No question that i feel much better on it, combined with more exercise.

Re: Re:

M-Power":2w9jbgsq said:
Went semi Veg in the last month for health reasons, after being a big meat eater for 51yrs. I try to eat wild salmon or free range skinless ckn maybe 2/3 times a week. Plenty of evidence that a pure veg/vegan diet can reverse artereosclerosis to some degree after ~ 2yrs. Im trying to work towards that, more veggie. No question that i feel much better on it, combined with more exercise.

Isn’t being semi vegan like being nearly pregnant?

Latest posts

Back