The First Frame Martyn Ashton ever received from Cannondale. Parts Help Please!

scant

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Prior to Martyn Ashton riding for Cannondale he was riding a Monty Trials Bike. When the Volvo Cannondale deal was struck with Martyn Ashton, Cannondale didnt make a specific trials frame, so Martyn asked Cannondale to copy the angles off his current Monty that he was very comfortable with & build a custom frame.

This is the first frame Martyn ever received from Cannondale & the eagle eyed will note that its not a Cannondale under that paint, yes its a Monty. Shortly after this frame arrived Martyns first actual Cannondale Built trials frame arrived that he used. This Monty/Dale was put in a storage for 30years & never ridden. I've been given the honour by Martyn to build it up for the first time. It'll be taken to various future shows.

Updated. It needs:

-irc kujo tyres. good condition only please
-flite ti saddle in the 3 way colour.
-magic motorcycle crank

If you have any of the suitable parts & ideally in superb condition, please PM me (& not Martyn)

Last edited:
A very special bike/ project.

Might be worth making a comprehensive list of bits you need as many won’t know exactly what your after and these bits tend to change hands privately more so than eBay etc.

I’ll let you know if I get any bits as I tend to get minty D521 and some suitable bits every so often.

I need to check sizes incase the Monty frame differs from the cannondale.
but I believe the part spec is:

syncros alu post in black
flite titanium saddle in yellow
kore elite stem (although Martyn broke a lot of those & tended to use whatever was to hand)
magic motorcycle crank
odyssey triple trap pedal
hope ti hubs in red
hope early quick release wheel skewers also in red
azonic riser bar, in the light gold finish
mavic D521cd rims
irc kujo tyres in redwall

i'll update when i'm less exhausted..

Wasn't martin running Mavic 121 CD's on the first bike? not sure the D521 was out then?

Also keeping an eye out on parts for you, this is a hero build for me!!!

Theres a Sachs Quarz rear mech on ebay now, either that or Shimano Sora short cage road mech you'll want.
I might have some shifters for you too
Quite possilbly 36h Sun Rhyno Lite rims in Anodised red too

Great project Mike.

My mate has one of Martyn’s team Volvo Cannondale bikes in blue with trials geometry that was never released by Cannondale.

Spec wise, only thing to compare build will be chain spotting and tricks and stunts or very old mbuk pictures.

All his bikes had different components.

But irc tyres will be, kujo’s, missiles or El gatos.

Headset would have been a yellow cane creek.

Back