The First Frame Martyn Ashton ever received from Cannondale. Parts Help Please!

It's an interesting one! I'm pretty sure those frames have 1.25" headtubes and no rear derailleur cable routing as the shifter was attached to the seat clamp. Do you have matching forks?
Did Martyn ever have this built up? I remember him being on the Beast of the East frames at trials competitions until the dedicated trials geometry frames Luke mentioned.
I also remember him saying at one of the mid 1990s local trials comps soon after signing the deal that he'd asked Cannondale for a 20" trials frame like Libor Karas had (there are a few photos of that, presumably one off, frame, built with Monty parts). He said they sent him a BMX frame instead and asked if that would do. 😀

Red P-bones listed on the bay

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the heads up. Got the fork
Great stuff, glad you nabbed it.

Have you got a list of parts required now as well? If memory serves me, one of those red bikes had hope brakes with adaptors fitted to the “non disc” frame and fork.

Or is this going to be a Magura raceline D build instead?

So many questions still….

Back