Unbelievable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a forum issue.
No one has condoned anything (from either of you) we have half a story from the man in the pub so It's little wonder it's being taken seriously.

If some one wearing a football shirt abused you would you expect the club to hunt them down?.

captain cannondale":11e3lvp5 said:
So what about me wanting to go to toilets and have sex with people?? Is that a sensible statement?

No its not, and the person that posted it should apologise. Althugh they do also say that they used to go to the same pub, so maybe you should be asking them if their comment was based on experience?

If one of the mods on here or a member of this forum was abused by another member of another forum there would be a witch hunt!

You can try to dress this up as much as you like, fact is no one is interested in what I have to say because I was honest saying I was wearing another forums shirt.

If I had said an Rb shirt, I would have had all the sympathy in the world!

captain cannondale":1d7bjgng said:
legrandefromage":1d7bjgng said:
I suppose those mumsnet lot can be a bit precious...

Explain this one then.... Yourself claiming I'm a member of a mummy's boys forum and I'm precious along with the other members??

I was actually referring to the drunk guy, but, oh well...

In fact, thinking about it, I get abused all the time (see this actual thread for for a minor example), I simply shrug it off as in the grande scheme of things, its just a raindrop in the ocean. I'm sure others will agree that I bring on myself sometimes with some quite insensitive posts (I've been re-reading some and I am a bit of a twat, lets be honest here) but, reading your opening post, you have rather given the childish element a rod for your own back.

So Rb members are mummy's boys then??

Is that wat your saying? Sorry I don't follow you on that one!

Seeing as my whole thread is about an Rb member abusing me!

captain cannondale":2atv4wjf said:
So Rb members are mummy's boys then??

Is that wat your saying? Sorry I don't follow you on that one!

Seeing as my whole thread is about an Rb member abusing me!

Yes, the whole of the RB membership are 'mummy's boys' and girls too.

Mumsnet is something entirely different, known for vocalizing concerns and influencing government policy.

As for an 'RB member abusing you', your argument is with his point of view, not the whole site.

hey CC,

i can't imagine it would have been nice to have some numpty have a go at you, that said, i also don't believe the comments written in this thread are intended to be deliberately hurtful or hateful, just banter.

but, from your first post it did come across to me a bit 'you're all like this one guy' which may explain the tone of the replies being banter as opposed to support or sympathy.

with regards to the other forum, some that may not know some of the history of one of the main members (long and boring story) so it wouldn't affect them, if you like it over there then great, if you like it here then great. but don't judge a whole forum on the acts of one bloke, it's not fair to the rest of us.

:)

I think you guys need to cut Captain C some slack. He's obviously had a nasty scare at the hands of this "Rongo" (if that is indeed his alias - people sometimes use puppet accounts). The last thing you want when going for a quiet drink is an older bicycle forum T Shirt incident.

Anyway - CC - after all that, how did the date turn out: what Splosh did you go for in the end?

Fair enough.... If that's what you think... This forum being mummy's boys!

How mumsnet had anything to do with what I was talking about is beyond me?

But I was not fighting with the whole site, I had a beef with one member... The site members bar a few took the fight to me!

The anger at me was instant! No one had a sympathetic ear... Bar one or two members.

I felt like a traped fox hunted down by dogs, can you imagine how I felt??

legrandefromage":329yan1t said:
I suppose those mumsnet lot can be a bit precious...

Apologies for the flippant response. I could have used any website domain on the planet and thats the first name that came to mind I guess.

But it is still kind of baffling as to what you expect from anybody. Bar the actual hungover guy making himself known, theres chuff all that anyone can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back