Unbelievable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain cannondale

Dirt Disciple
I have thought long and hard about this, and decided I wanted to make a serious point so here goes.....I am super pissed

I finished work early on Friday and decided to go to Camden Town to meet the wife after work and surprise her for a Friday night out a meal and a bottle of splosh as I thought it would be nice.

Because she finishes at 5pm I thought I would stop for a couple of pints in "the worlds end" pub before she finishes just to warm myself up

Anyhow it's not busy it's got a lunchtime crowd in and I ordered my pint, and take a seat in a group of 4 seats in a corner opposite the bar.

I take one swig of my pint and switch on my iPad and some drunken idiot spots me wearing a rival forums T-shirt and comes bounding over screaming "so you like bikes do you?"

I look up and say " what gives you that idea Magnus?"

Confused he looks at me and says "the shirt it's that website, you know the ones that cause trouble?"

So now I'm thinking?? What the hell is he on about? Then he says....... "Retro bike is better, it's real man not fake" so by now I realise what's going on and I asked him to "sod off mate" or something like that (I'm being polite here)

I am not at war with anyone or any forum, I ride and build old school bikes and am not here to be singled out by someone from this forum that has the intelligence of an amoeba?

I personally think this member, whoever he may be? If he can find a back bone and come forward, should be outed by the mods on here!

I am allowed to use other forums if I wish, and should I chose to wear that particular forum T-shirt then it's totally up to me.

I had no idea there was any history between this forum or any other forum and why should there be? Are we children or grown adults?

The other forum I use seem to have adults on it, not idiotic gimps so why does there have to be such madness and childish behaviour on here?

Anyway he was removed by a member of staff, as he had been barred from the other bar too, what a let down you are to the world of cycling.....

So come on, be a man if you can and show yourself :evil: :evil:

You thought long and hard and still decided to post this crap up? Sure he may be a pissed up idiot but why treat it as anything more than that. An adult would have said 'he was a pissed up idiot' and have done with it, not post some nonsense diatribe labelling him as representative of an entire website. If you are the bigger man or the adult here then do the bigger, more adult thing and delete this crap - why stir up something which, until you posted this nonsense here, only extisted in the head of a pissed person?

That is one of my old haunts, before they extended it and the posers moved in.

I reckon you were looking for a meet and greet in the loos, but got snubbed and are taking it out on us.

why were you reading an ipad at the pub!? :LOL: :shock:

what is this "other forum" you speak of?

captain cannondale":ui4j0auy said:
I take one swig of my pint and switch on my iPad and some drunken idiot spots me wearing a rival forums T-shirt and comes bounding over screaming "so you like bikes do you?"

I look up and say " what gives you that idea Magnus?"

Confused he looks at me and says "the shirt it's that website, you know the ones that cause trouble?"

So now I'm thinking?? What the hell is he on about? Then he says....... "Retro bike is better, it's real man not fake" so by now I realise what's going on and I asked him to "sod off mate" or something like that (I'm being polite here)

Rival? Seriously?

Is this some confusion involving motor cycle gangs?

We are all lycra restricted tiny gonads guys here. The only chaps we shag are by excessive chafing.

I hope you are ok after all that trauma.

Incidentally, Retro Bike has nothing against, and is in not engaged in any rivalry with, 'Gaye Bykers Loving Their Mommies Teets Bicycle Club Of Finchley Road & Frognal'. We rather like them, and all other cycling 'clubs'!

:)

RB has a rival forum??? This is news to me. :? when did we go to war? :roll:

why not chalk it up as an unfortunate encounter with a drunkard idiot and call it a day.

Yeah, I too would like to know which forum that is.

I've been visiting other bike forums a lot lately, so I'd prefer to know which one to avoid.

Simple, people, pubs and alcohol, sometimes a bad mixture and there is often always one who is looking for aggro, you found one. But as you say he was moved aside by the bar staff, so that should be the end of it. But if you want a quiet life or a quiet few minutes, ask yourself is a pub a good idea or would you be better in a cafe or coffee shop ?

As to the person's complaint, that's his problem not yours as you should be aware some aspire to the herd mentality and treat websites as if they were football teams to love or hate, for sure a neanderthal and not worth worrying about, he has probably forgotten anyway or someone else has given him a kicking for being obnoxious.

probably the --> 1997 service crew

or one of the other mobs

oh well at least ye still have your ipad

the 1998 --> mob would have took that

It was me. No idea how I got there. I blame the absinthe. Home now. $#%* my head hurts. If anyone finds my passport.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back