Ultimate Birthday! (YETI)

Re: Ultimate Birthday!

RockiMtn":ofxv78f5 said:
Mr.Toad":ofxv78f5 said:
I own and wear the shirt often!
what are you talking about Mr.Toad???? what shirt are we talking about??? :?

The Yeti bbq/Gamma Go artwork.

I have a number of their t's.

dammit, i feel a repaint coming on! would painting my yeti in gama go style be blasphemy??? :LOL:

4324dec52affef1705c38f8c379e031e.jpg

Love that mug!!! Same here I have the t-shirt, its in pretty tight laundry rotation.

Yeti (FRO) vs (Norco) Sasquatch, its hardly a competition. Though the 'Squatch is an under-rated ride...

But bigfoot gets major props for being a west coast local, pardon the homerism!

any help on determining the year on this? hard to read but serial from what i can make off the BB is U673.

on head tube logo, Yeti man is riding and not sliding.

here's photos of the decals: drive-side (white on top tube, black on down tube), non-drive side (white on down tube), and rear loop (black & white).

Attachments

• DSC03220.JPG
    DSC03220.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 846
  • DSC03221.JPG
    DSC03221.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 846
  • DSC03219.JPG
    DSC03219.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 846
Re:

so a death in the family has taken almost all my focus and time for the past few weeks. and unfortunately, another on going family crisis in conjunction with that will probably keep my spare time limited for the foreseeable future. :(

that being said, i'll steal whatever little time i have towards some relief and distraction with finishing this and some other bike projects hopefully.

i managed to source a fairly clean Chris King no logo headset in black to replace the brown YST headset, a NOS XT seatpost to replace the Control Tech one, and the option of going with either the original Oury grips, or now a set of lightly used Yeti Speed grips. i also have a NOS Answer HyperLite bar socked away in case i want to replace the current one that has been slightly trimmed down in length.

i'm currently not looking to replace the original decals on the frame/fork, but i decided to pick up some spare decals for the future just in case, since they happened to be available. couldn't pass up the opportunity as they are courtesy of mkozaczek and are reprints from the original print company and screens.

last remaining puzzle would be brake/lever choice and the dishing on the rear wheel, which is still kind of urking me. though i did have a second round off re-dishing it and it's much better, but still a tad off. as for the brake/levers, it came with Dia-compe SS5 levers and 986 brakes. not sure why but lever to rim action don't feel too great. i'm leaning towards sourcing XT m733 2-finger levers and m732 brakes, though i do have a lovely set of m734 brakes already in hand, which i can make use of. :?

Attachments

• DSC03324.JPG
    DSC03324.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 733
  • DSC03323.JPG
    DSC03323.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 733

Latest posts

Back