1994 Manitou HT

BoyBurning

Karma King
Bontrager Fan
About 15 years ago @pete_mcc very generously gave me a front mech clamp for a manitou HT frame I had.

About 5 years ago @danson67 worked his magic and replaced the obligatory cracked head tube with a new one, dimensioned to original spec externally, but reduced to 1.125" internally from the original 1.25".

About 24 hours ago I finally got my arse in gear and assembled the assembled parts.

As with all my builds, this one has been a long time coming. 15 years is actually about average for me really - not because they're so perfect, but simply because I'm such a slack arse.

Anyway, it's not perfect, there's still a few minor things to sort and tinker with, but it's rideable at last.

A long time gathering all the parts for the build exactly as I had it priced out from mbuk adverts back in 94. Nearly 30 years ago. Blimey.

I've only ever 'fondled' one other, and that was a mates back in, well, 94. It was instant love, even more than his moonrise attitude that he raced before the HT.

I knew I had to have one some day, and knew exactly how it was to be built. And, this is it basically.

Shit pics, taken on the way home from the school run this morning when an empty car park opportunity presented itself.

Thanks Dan, and thanks Pete. Long time coming, but for me at least, worth the wait. x

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    691.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 73
That’s noice! They alway make such clean and classic bikes. Quality build as ever

Needs more Snoopy, apart from that it's nice. ♥️

al.

Back