Ultimate Birthday! (YETI)

Re: Re:

PapaJohn":2v3k3ns2 said:
Happy birthday Frank, and good to celebrate your birthday . You're very lucky you got such a great gift.This bike is perfect , I've always dreamed to have it. I think you lucky in your life and you have a strong motivation . All famous people born on this day are remarkable for energy and inner beauty, they are very talantive and excelled in their field . Here https://www.sunsigns.org/famousbirthdays/ you will learn more coincidences about people who were born on the same day as you .

I think Frank would settle for a ‘that came out nice... well done!’

Hey ho - if it is indeed your birthday today Frank then Happy Birthday and take the old girl for a blast round the woods

I know it's original and all but that stem looks so odd and out of place in silver...white or even black would suit it better.

I also like the bike!

... but do have the same thinking about the stem and the handlebar. Probably white would be perfect (but there were no Hyperlites in white, I think) or stem and bar in black. Did you ever try?

Cheers,
Andy

Andy107":12qojgme said:
I also like the bike!

... but do have the same thinking about the stem and the handlebar. Probably white would be perfect (but there were no Hyperlites in white, I think) or stem and bar in black. Did you ever try?

Cheers,
Andy

That is a works stem and it´s not the run of the mill atac. See the angled top? A bit like Syncros. I believe the period correct handlebar would be a taperlite.

Prodigal Son":2wathvls said:
Andy107":2wathvls said:
I also like the bike!

Cheers,
Andy

That is a works stem and it´s not the run of the mill atac. See the angled top? A bit like Syncros. I believe the period correct handlebar would be a taperlite.

ATAC stem has what is referred to a "Team Cuts" in an effort to minimize weight and you're correct that they are quite rare. FTW will still do them but it's not a high priority so I'd suspect a lead time. It was done by Yeti versus Answer so OG Team stems are pretty rare.

HyperLites came out in 1990 so as Frank believes this to be a 90 or 91, HyperLite works. TaperLites were still offered through 92 so they work as well. Great build for sure!!!

i'd love to swap for a white stem, but it would need to be similar length/rise. and integrated noodle cable guide would be ideal!!!

Back