Ugly modern bikes

ibbz":3q0r9f4h said:
prod126430_IMGSET

Most expensive bike on CRC - looks like C18th "Bone Shaker"
:shock:

:oops: feel sick :oops:

syncrosfan":3q0r9f4h said:
It's sad to see that even a company like Moots will cave in and make that 29er full suspension abomination called MX Divide! Ugh! They used to make such cool bikes but now I lost some respect of them because of this. The curved down-tube I hate curved down tubes or any curved tubes as a matter of fact. Looks from afar like some shitty Wal-Mart Huffy POS. Why Moots? Why?!!
file.php

Baaaaaaaaaaaarf :facepalm: :( :facepalm:

Moots probably want to make money same as the rest of the bike companies.

That said hydroforming is overused and unnecessary in parts. Above is ugly.

Manufacturers don't use these more expensive tube shaping processes for shits and giggles you know....

fagin":37rj3gro said:
retroyetiguy":37rj3gro said:
I can see where you are coming from, but I can admire some modern bikes though.
I love my Orange Five as its simple, great to ride and just has a certain charm to it.
And I also quite like the new BTR Pinner which is a no nonsense endure ripper made out of Reynolds.
http://www.btr-fabrications.com/wp-cont ... 08/002.jpg :).

There again, the Orange 5 hasn't changed since 1066.

Hahahahaahhahaahahah! I love mine !
It might not be the best looking and futuristic bike out there, but I couldn't ask for a better bike.
Easy to maintain, simple mechanics and great fun to ride :D .

Re:

im sure a lot of the younger generation will think the same about older bikes lol,i know a few that think a bike is crap unless it has disk brakes lol

Re: Re:

shed":24abyabn said:
im sure a lot of the younger generation will think the same about older bikes lol,i know a few that think a bike is crap unless it has disk brakes lol

True! When I was still at school only a couple of years ago, I would have the same question said over and over again, " why don't you just get a modern bike instead of some old heap of junk".
Like and admire some modern bikes but there is just something about a retro or old bike. I would be made fun of for riding my 1952 unmolested Jack Taylor road bike just because it wasn't some shiny halfrauds special.

Back