TVT Greg Lemond and brake lever/delta set up

Re:

Chris,

That was me regarding the blue paint! I checked so many photos, I thought there was a tint of blue in the clearcoat of the clear carbon part of the frame - just like the 1991 Calfee bikes. Thats why I went with a really dark blue/black. Oh well - It looks great in the sunlight though!

Greg's Giro bike has the downtube "Greg Lemond" decal in a similar position to mine.
Most others I have seen have the decal entirely in the flourescent painted part of the downtube. It's just a small detail I noticed.

Regards,

Pat

Looking for a 53cm .

they pop up for sale in france regularly a lot cheaper than on ebay .

go to

www.leboncoin.fr ,

search in Velo , toute la France .

Lots of lovely bargain .

but many sellers wont want to send in France let alone abroad . I have a french adress and french bank account so makes it a bit easier .

Re:

Forgot to mention - there is a great interview with Eric Boyer on the Greg Lemond fans website that gridno27 linked to in an earlier post.
It is worth checking out.

Re:

Greg used multiple colors of cages during the Tour. Polished silver, white, pink.
Her is a picture of his tour bike with pink.

Also, the TVT frames, it was a blue tint to the clearcoat as that top color so the natural carbon showed thru.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 658
Sorry, I should have specified, the model/version you painted up had a blue tint in the clearcoat. On the bike he used in the 89 tour/worlds, it was a slight purple tint with purple painted lugs.

rusty,
yes, that is the actual 1990 Tour Bike. It resides in the US Cycling Hall of Fame in Davis, California. It travels every so often. He kind of rotates them out.

As for Greg, he still lives in Minnesota. below is a picture of his 1989 Tour/Worlds bike. I took the picture at his house. I have a bunch of pictures of him, his bikes and him riding with me among a bunch of other stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 648
You can see the painted lugs and the Suntour XC Pro Seatpost. All of the "production" bikes he sold-300 in total between April 1 and April 23 1990, they came with a Record Aero Seatpost. And they did not have the painted purple lugs. They were polished. And the yellow on his bike was closer to yellow than a neonish yellow as the replicas had on them. Other than that everything else was correct per his 1989 Worlds Bike.

This is from this June, just before he left for the Tour. We were out riding some bikes. He was checking the geometry and seeing how they compared to his favorite setup-the one he uses on the LeMond Washoe he currently makes and sells.

I have a ton of pictures of him and his bikes. I will try and post more if the size will fit.

Sorry for the fuzzy picture. I blame my iPhone on that.

Attachments

• IMG_2288.JPG
    IMG_2288.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 647
Back