TVT Greg Lemond and brake lever/delta set up

Re:

Been a big fan of Greg's from when he was with Renault and a team mate of my other hero Laurent Fignon.

On the subject of aero bikes, the Renault squad used Gitane branded aero machines, I've quite a few images of these being ridden by both Greg and Laurent (wearing yellow aero helmets) - there was a lot of coverage in Winning magazine BitD (I've a whole set of these).

Jon.

A bit late to the party but can anybody help me with the exact dimensions of the Scott decals on the lower part of the Drop-in bars? length and height of the font, etc.

Re:

Hi 85mm from outside of S to outside of last T, the sticker is 100mm in length and font height is 14mm. You can get a screenshot on the Greg Lemond Fans website

Which Lemond replica bike are you building ? Would love to see photos!

Regards,

Pat

Thanks a heap, Pat, very much appreciated!

Not a Lemond replica but a Peugeot from the same year. I used to have one in the exact same color scheme back in 1990 and because I was a huge Lemond fan as a 17-year old I bough drop-in bars and drove around in a Team Z shirt. 29 years later I still had the bars minus the decals and when I came across the same frameset I decided to replicate my old bike but with all the parts I dreamed of on 1990 (at the time my highschool student budget had to settle with RX100). White Benotto tape and brake pads for the Delta's are on their way...

55719205_10219073437612674_4568054785697120256_o.jpg

Re:

Great work, coming on very nicely, will be stunning when completed. Yes it is great to put together the bike you dreamed of back in the day, great fun!!

Since this has become an “all things Greg” thread, does anyone know what size shoes he wears?

No, not a strange fetish :oops: bit I picked up a pair of Carnac Lemond’s from a guy who said his dad was a soigneur with Z and was given them by a rider. Almost certainly BS, but hey, it would be nice to believe :LOL:

Regardless of who may or may not have owned them, the build quality of the shoes is amazing.

Hi Yes, that was where I saw it! The blue red and white carnacs are very rare and were very expensive back in 1992. The Greg Lemond Fans Forum would probably have that info. It is worth joining if you are a fan

Regards,

Pat

Back