TVT Greg Lemond and brake lever/delta set up

Nice bike,recently fitted deltas to my Lemond. Had a pair in the eighties so familiar with set up although still fiddly.

Re:

She looks great.
How did you manage to wrap that much bar with a standard roll of Cello tape?
As for fitting Campags delicious Delta brakes, I leave an extra inch of cable, with a crimped alloy end on, inside the calliper - and then bend it up in front of the pivot arms before I refit the cover plate.
You have cable to pull if it slips as you stress test the brakes, and it's far less of a faff than cutting it flush to the clamp.
Richie

Re:

Thanks for the tip, that was what was killing me, everything would look great and then with a couple of pulls of the brake lever, everything would loosen up and by clamping the cable the end of the cable would fray and that was basically it, try again with another cable.

I used this bar tape (it;s not the original Benotto tape, the rolls must be longer as it only took two rolls to wrap the entire handlebars

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pearl-White-S ... OU:IE:3160

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

cloonaghpat":oih254fl said:
Thanks for the tip, that was what was killing me, everything would look great and then with a couple of pulls of the brake lever, everything would loosen up and by clamping the cable the end of the cable would fray and that was basically it, try again with another cable.

I used this bar tape (it;s not the original Benotto tape, the rolls must be longer as it only took two rolls to wrap the entire handlebars

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pearl-White-S ... OU:IE:3160

Oh Is that what you were talking about? cloonaghpat
I assumed everyone did what I do & that is pre stress the brake cable with a small block of wood between the the brake shoes instead of the wheel, before cutting the inner cable. If you can get a piece of wood the same width as the rim you can adjust the brakes to the correct setting before cutting the inner wire.
Chris

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
if you slip a bit bit of old outer over the inner before you cut, it prevents the cable from crushing / splaying...hope that helps

Re: Greg Lemond TVT

cloonaghpat":3r3ro0jo said:

Thats a very nice bike but...

... for real authentic you need to paint the bottle cages in pink like I have done with the T.A. Specialites here
... Ergopower shifters will be changed quite soon (I need a bit of time...) to white C-Record brake Levers and down tube shifters

[attachment=0]TVT92_Team Z_GL 1991.jpg[/attachment

Attachments

• TVT92_Team Z_GL 1991.jpg
    TVT92_Team Z_GL 1991.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 1,042
Re:

Thanks for all the comments/tips regarding the delta brakes. Yes, I will paint the bottle cages in time. I can't really claim to be authentic! I resprayed the frame in the garage over the summer. I will attach some photos of how it progressed.

Attachments

• tvt500012.jpg
    tvt500012.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,031
Back