Tubeless tyres....

Definitely.

My road rides tend to involve linking up Pinwall, Twycros, Sheepy Magma, Wellsborough, Market Bosworth, Measham etc. There are some lovely villages out that way, with some nice pubs too (although I've not visited any yet because I ride solo...I'm not originally from Tamworth so lost my riding buddies when I moved here).

Let me know when you're next out. I'm planning a bit of a road session on Monday morning...I'm not that quick on the road bike bit do enjoy it.

the lanes around southwest leics/south staffs that you describe are a well kept secret amongs our two wheeled community.....some lovely countryside and quiet lanes to enjoy.....pm me your mobile number and i will be in touch....darren

Y'bunkin' off on Monday Matt?...... :D .....I've got to go to a wedding!..... :( .......anyone fancy a few miles on Sunday morning?....

Not here Sunday, I'm in Oxford seeing family (but am that frustrated with the weather that the road bike is coming with me....I need to get out after this week). Will be out Monday though and the forecast is half descent.

feetabix":32unk9ml said:
Y'bunkin' off on Monday Matt?...... :D .....I've got to go to a wedding!..... :( .......anyone fancy a few miles on Sunday morning?....
sunday would be good, then it will be easter egg and tour of flanders time

Need to be careful on road wheel tubeless. You need to use a tubeless specific tyre and best use tubeless ready rim. I have run some tubeless hutchinson tyres on old mavic (non-tubeless specific rims), but because of the higher pressures involved on road bikes you're best to have all tubeless specific equipment.

I have got non-tubeless tyres and rims to work on cross, but it was a bit of a faff.

Latest posts

Back