Trek OCLV - Modern (sorry) - UPDATED 11/01/14

sorry ovlov,do you mean it has never been ridden ? the modern bike i mean ? or do you mean it is old modern
compared to modern modern ? is retro modern more modern than old modern ? if its modern as the title would seem to say then surely a comparison can be achieved with the klein unless of coarse the klien is modern also if it is post 1998 .is it ? old[sorry]

In the context of this group 1998 onwards is considered modern. My Klein is 1998 (last of the Chelais built frames) so in this group is considered modern but in terms of bike technology well......the girl is 16 years old.

I have not ridden a 'modern' carbon bike ie: one produced in the last 5 years or so. I love the Klein and now that it has the correct wheels back on it (the Roval wheels were just toooo stiff for the frame) I love it even more. I was considering a re-paint on it over the winter as there are quite a number of chips etc on it as the last owner really didn't take care of it. Thing is the more time I spend with it the more I love the colour and it is a bike that gets a lot of looks so I will probably just leave it as it is.

It is now sporting a set of Look HSC forks which are half a pound lighter than the Klein ones they replace (although of course I am keeping them) - mainly due to a carbon steerer but also I guess as a reflection on the fact that bike tech has moves on and you can do more, with less. I am yet to ride it in this new configuration but I am sure it will be soon.

If you get the chance to buy one of these then do it - I would be surprised if you were disappointed.

ovlov440":dvaa39g6 said:
In the context of this group 1998 onwards is considered modern. My Klein is 1998 (last of the Chelais built frames) so in this group is considered modern but in terms of bike technology well......the girl is 16 years old.

I have not ridden a 'modern' carbon bike ie: one produced in the last 5 years or so. I love the Klein and now that it has the correct wheels back on it (the Roval wheels were just toooo stiff for the frame) I love it even more. I was considering a re-paint on it over the winter as there are quite a number of chips etc on it as the last owner really didn't take care of it. Thing is the more time I spend with it the more I love the colour and it is a bike that gets a lot of looks so I will probably just leave it as it is.

It is now sporting a set of Look HSC forks which are half a pound lighter than the Klein ones they replace (although of course I am keeping them) - mainly due to a carbon steerer but also I guess as a reflection on the fact that bike tech has moves on and you can do more, with less. I am yet to ride it in this new configuration but I am sure it will be soon.

If you get the chance to buy one of these then do it - I would be surprised if you were disappointed.

I totally agree just bought another quantum pro

Was riding a plamet x pro sl full carbon bike

Found my average cruising speed had increased and it climbs a lot nicer

Back