Trek OCLV - Modern (sorry) - UPDATED 11/01/14

This is my Klein. I have already decided that this will be re-painted over the winter. Whilst it has absolutely no dents or cracks, the paint condition is not brilliant with lots of chips in it (especially round the BB and behind the chainrings) and there are some small patches of corrosion on the fork crown and rear brake arch.

The new colour will be pearl white, with the logos debossed in silver fade (very similar to the other colourway available on this frame in 199:cool:. The Koi it is now certainly turns heads and will do for now but I prefer my bikes to me more 'timeless'

Attachments

• 903235_859535404073270_9194434565944884618_o.jpg
    903235_859535404073270_9194434565944884618_o.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 830
I'm in love

cb19554d0e379b3229530eaac177e3c2_zps6c4fe844.jpg

Slight change since this was taken. I managed to run over the rear wheel (please, just don't ask) so have put a set of Roval Fusee Star wheels on it this week. Haven't been out on it yet as I have spent time reacquainting myself with the Prophet!

Re:

When I saw the title , I thought you had rebuilt the Trek back up ! :facepalm: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

hello ovlov, i just wondered, of the three bikes which one did you find the sweetest handling wise ?
see a lot of time trialists on the A4 and looks like a good ride up the hill through hungerford i believe to near andover.

Hmmm thats an interesting one.

The Trek OCLV was a lovely bike to ride and the geometry of the 5500 is certainly more race orientated than the 2300 I had especially at the front end.

I have wanted a Klein for years and was fully expecting for it to be harsh at the rear end compared to the carbon Trek but that has not been the case. Like I have said the only reason I sold the Trek OCLV is that after riding the Klein (a 57) the Trek (a 56) felt a tad too small. I genuinely cannot see myself ever getting rid of it and one day (if funds allow) I may get another. It has certainly not disappointed even though the purists may not consider it a proper Klein (although it was one of the last bikes built in Chelais). If you can find one my advice would be to get one (or a Trek whichever fits you best!)

i was puzzled by the"[modern] sorry" as the title of the buid thread.i do now realise that ovlov was referring to some
of the components on his oclv and not the rest of the bike. :cool:

Back