Traced back first owner: It is a Indian Firetrail!

The Marin IFT was Double Butted. Mine is and it is def orig

MarinBiker":1888djo3 said:
Maybe I found the key to the question which frame it is. I believe dating is correct as Marin looked over the frame number. So Year is 1994.
They also kindly attached me a catalogue scan of the age. The specs are more detailed there.
I saw that the Indian Firetrail was triple butted at this time and the Rocky Ridge was double butted.
I think the decals on my frame say double butted (and I believe at least those are original). So it could be definately a Rocky Ridge (it also has 24 gears and LX parts).
I will check that tomorrow. Well some parts arrived already for the final build up.

Some Info and Pics of Marin IFT

I have got back into the bike scene. I dusted of my IFT and i still rides as good as it did 15yrs ago...

I am about to referb it. I know the forks are new but all else is as was( apart from Seat).. It has purple decals, i cant remember when I bought is to be honest, i think it was 94. SN MD2JA0009.

Anyone know where I could get some original forks and stem?

Re: Some Info and Pics of Marin IFT

mozzaaa":k32bfr6z said:
I have got back into the bike scene. I dusted of my IFT and i still rides as good as it did 15yrs ago...

I am about to referb it. I know the forks are new but all else is as was( apart from Seat).. It has purple decals, i cant remember when I bought is to be honest, i think it was 94. SN MD2JA0009.

Anyone know where I could get some original forks and stem?

The third letter/number '2' says it's made in 1992 (so you have a 1992 or 1993 model year just from that)

start a post with some pics and info :)
Then put a wanted add up for the forks.

I will add more info so
Blue/Purpley logo ?
MD2xxxxxx ended up being a 1993 IFT

Back