Traced back first owner: It is a Indian Firetrail!

Could easily be an IFT no chance it's a '95 could be and earlier one or a Rocky Ridge, I've got both and they pretty much identicle to look at.

Staf.

Coming from Germany, it may be one of those unheard of Bull Frog Trails. The crank, bottle cage, seat collar and HT Badge could suggest so..? Check out the one in the '94 archive catalogue :?

Defo has had many parts replaced over the years.

beavis":391urhnp said:
Coming from Germany, it may be one of those unheard of Bull Frog Trails. The crank, bottle cage, seat collar and HT Badge could suggest so..? Check out the one in the '94 archive catalogue :?

Defo has had many parts replaced over the years.
I'll repost what I posted before.

The sticker colour 'black' points to 1994.
The bottle cage and quick release are the colour used on the Rocky Ridge, these luckily seem to be original, unlike the rest of it. The Nail Trail was paler/pinker and the IFT/BFT where blue.

I always thought that the CNC'd chainstay bridge is what identified the IFT from lesser frames.

Looking at the picture, that frame doesn't look to have that, so probably a Nail Trail.

I have my bike back. It has been treated really bad.
But ok.

Here is the serial number on the frame:

FJ4JA0183

Is that a serial number for a palisade trail?

FJ4....
would be 1994 and J if memory serves correct is Indian Fire Trail/Bull Frog Trail
BUT and a big BUT the F should be an M

I don't think they moved to 'F' until 1995, of course 1994 could also be a 1995 model. It is not an 1995 IFT model though

My money is on a '94 Rocky Ridge, although that colour bottle cage & QR are the right ones for the IFT for '93.

Could be re-stickered. Either way, it's a decent frame.

Latest posts

Back