Tools - Show Me Your DIY Tools

I got a reflecting telescope from that tip too. All that was wrong was a broken clamp. Since then they've changed staff and now you can't take stuff away. Annoying because there was a nice 90's Marin there a few months back, all complete. Bikes go to a recycling charity in York though, so its a bit "off" to deny a charity so I can sell parts.

Makeshift headset press and an expanding cup remover. Screw in the cone from the other end and the cut seat-post expands so it butts up nicely to the head set cups. I call it the Butt-Plug.
View attachment 780260

Modern bikes - BB thru axle stand. Modified from an existing stand with some light welding to add the gusset brace. It will just about support
my e-bike.

View attachment 780261

Heavy Duty version for e-Bike, made from a Ducati stand that some bloke was throwing away at the tip.
I added the thinner bar to the main motorobike sized axle tube thing.
View attachment 780262

Homemade workstand, entirely from bits in the workshop, including some samples of door ironmongery.View attachment 780263View attachment 780265

Wheel truing stand, made from legs of a very old MFI office desk, and a bit of a chair frame.
View attachment 780264

Not bike related, but this was a crankshaft locking toolset I made for Toyota Supras, back in the day. I sold it eventually. Its heavy sections of steel, mirror polished. Note, foam deforms with heavy steel in, so it had to be stored flat or eveything started to "migrate"
View attachment 780266
Some cool stuff. I like the trueing stand.

Thanks guys, contraptions like this are indeed the reason for me being given my nickname. Hope to be promoted to Professor Proxxon some day😁

A couple more from "the lab", albeit a bit less inspired, but still in the vein of "if it looks stupid but works, it ain´t stupid"

Seat tube sander
View attachment 778487

View attachment 778488

View attachment 778489

Chain whip
View attachment 778490
we used to lap gun bores (non barrel, so breach, action etc.) in a similar way to your seat tube sander, we called them flag lappers.

Mine is one of this, and little more. A long screw for head sets, some tools for the BB and to stract the casete and crank set. But this one is my tool for every thing.

1695202611678.jpeg

And this hammer 😁 I can change both sizes if needed.
1695202661951.jpeg

Back