Tools - Show Me Your DIY Tools

MuchAlohaNui

Senior Retro Guru
0F9CB227-0DF7-4A73-BF98-1AA44255C6E9.jpeg B9906DFA-FD26-4561-BCF6-D9135E8765D2.jpeg I am always curious to see what others are doing or using.

This idea is not unique or my own. I call this The Seat Post Persuader. Cut the stuck seat post down to about a 3” nub, slide this bad boy over the seat post nub, use the pilot holes to drill two sets of holes, insert two bolts through the holes, hook up to 1/2” impact gun. Go forward/reverse until success.

View attachment 769717View attachment 769718I am always curious to see what others are doing or using.

This idea is not unique or my own. I call this The Seat Post Persuader. Cut the stuck seat post down to about a 3” nub, slide this bad boy over the seat post nub, use the pilot holes to drill two sets of holes, insert two bolts through the holes, hook up to 1/2” impact gun. Go forward/reverse until success.

That's a great idea, what did the bit start out as?

Mech hanger straighteners seem to be a favourite here. I made mine from a dead M750 rear mech and a strip of ally extrusion. Wind it in and rotate the strip around the rim to check clearance. Any adjustment can be made with a long allen key in the mounting bolt and a bit of persuasion in the right direction. IMG_20230816_221602.jpg

Back