Today's ROAD ride

Re:

NO! Not plain black!

There's enough black bikes around. I like the colour scheme as it is !

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1nyyghd7 said:
NO! Not plain black!

There's enough black bikes around. I like the colour scheme as it is !

You do, she doesn't.... it is a bit tatty.

Re:

Fair enough, it is kts' bike after all

Back to Rourke with it then?

Re:

Too much wine and beer last night ment that I didn't get out till almost lunchtime. Did a loop of Edentrillick Hill before heading over towards Dromore using Ballymacormick road for the first time, a real gem, then headed home before the heavy rain started.

Loving singlespeed, always thought it was just a bit of a fad but I suppose the Strava segments don't lie.

https://www.strava.com/activities/533411433

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 758
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 758
Re:

The weather was just too good not to ride this afternoon.

Out on The Keith again, as this frame is just SO good to ride.

Went down Weston sea front. I was going to stop and take a photo, but one look at the crowds, fish and chip wrappers, giant lollipops on sticks and I thought... naaah. It is good to see the season kicking off though.

So, through town and up onto Roman Road (which is a Roman road).

Top of the first climb.
DSCN1010_zpszqzwsolv.jpg

Then it was down into Banwell, round the trading estate up Banwell Hill and back out into the countryside.
DSCN1015_zpsryldh0ca.jpg

Wind was pretty blustery on the way home, as I got closer and closer to the coast, but it is just so nice to ride in the warm.

I need to get out again. Second ride of the year last weekend, half killed me.

Only did 11 or 12 rides last year as well......

Re:

South London - Eastbourne, circa 100km. Beautiful sunny weather... became cold, windy and rainy, as soon as I saw the sea... return in train.

JftPkzbCVsj2QOEcKs1Vtj3zY5ojaelfFBPezCJhhxuvhUSzSEelx0xHqRDiod6Yxd139f-KERgLwT5a9Q3aHa8271S81neoWILGPNA86MbZ17LJo9Z0DNE8RRBfyeyMa_9d0doTXzPzfKkTtorbncbW-38nNr1AMfPK3FmDzY2mHCfOO4h7dKkxye-UwSYBl-auVsr1_VZPnCvqp6LFxprOgi0EmTjlhuZ18Hsm0S--H0OmJ6-yaPD-cilo6vwxctRuF7EGInYHLR6UB2BsbFxyv8kwCIDTo1trbdXblf6jwNPi9sUYmtEGTI_kyvEgYcl5Xs2LYp2UTxlO3XJ_WR3gVeF-O1EfDpUJSGBL8B207qdwtwHbR75Nwa1I4IG0R9yBaH14-kDS_Es8ysYYyjMd9mmHYtsW_F65nEsGE22UYe5AxLTn1VRBT-WZTHEwTtjLgOMiZjr2MVD-VYAtG1tILdUAzSJ55G1-r8QbP7Umhde6zLH6l1H3MLe2L0bLB7EPxXReUmw9Pq9aEn4Nmo-8kzolSuaHri6OM5GNHpI2dPD2Sz4KxROOdkG0mtsddmX9=w1274-h717-no

Re:

I do like a nice quiet small country lane Dale, splendid! :cool: Bet you didn't see much traffic there, other than tractors!

I can see the attraction of getting away from the coast Neil, I had the same feeling on the ride on Thursday, posted earlier on the thread.

That is a fantastic Colnago, Predki. Gorgeous paintscheme, Super?

There was a breeze coming off the sea, but it soon warmed the further inland I went, having a slow potter with my normally C40 shod friend. Had a Canyon this time though.
Only one pre-ride pichur, and this is why,

I had my legs out again! :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

Apologies for the bike, I had to justify keeping it, only having ridden it once or twice last year :roll:

Around 45 miles in all

Mike

Re:

Woking > Northampton keeping on the back lanes, no idea of distance as I didn't have a computer, but given the wiggly route about 90 miles. Not many photo opportunities but coming over the Chilterns was nice. :D Good old fashion navigation with pages out of a road atlas - loved it!

SP

Back