Today's ROAD ride

non-fixie":1ewv25n6 said:
I just finished building up a PA60 frame I bought recently. I'm on a high-ten high currently, and could not resist this one. I was not disappointed - it rides VERY nicely - and made this lousy picture during its maiden voyage last night:

720.jpg

Nice, it looks quite old?
Not sure that wall is safe enough to stand the bike against though! :shock:

Mike

Re:

That's a lovely Gazelle! And it feels great to ride too? Hmmmm, maybe I should. . . . No, stop it, I already have 6 road bikes! :LOL:
Small world, eh? It's lovely riding around that area behind Lewes.
I went to the moors last year with the bike, great riding to be had there too. Look at my entry for rPotM. Very clean villages too. No rubbish or graffiti, a nice holiday. Almost entered a clubs' evening 10 on my Bianchi, but chickened out in the end! :LOL:

Mike

The sun was shining yesterday and the roads were dry so I thought I'd take my 'good' bike for a short spin. I've been away with work for the last two months so still getting my legs back in shape.

I'm converting my two winter bikes to singlespeed so I used this ride to test different gear ratios. Went with 53x19 in the end.

Rode down towards Aghalee and then climbed up through Lower and Upper Ballinderry and up to Ballynadolly (where I took the pictures) and the span home. Pretty strong headwind on the way back but good to be out again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 1,070
Re:

1st proper singlespeed ride today after a couple of short rides trying different ratios.

Spin down to Glenavy to meet my friend then climb up to the top of the Ulster GP course with Divis Mountain in the background. Then down Pond Park road towards Lisburn and then up White Mountain & SheepWalk road before back past Stoneyford Lough before heading home.

Really enjoying SS and actually managed a few climbing PBs on Strava.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 1,038
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 1,038
Re:

Nice photos DC, and nice big bikes too! :cool:

Looks like a good riding area, as long as the wind isn't strong !

Re:

I had hoped to get out over the bank holiday, but Friday I was busy and Monday was...erm, not a good day to be out.

So, today Kt and I went out on one of my standard training rides, about 30 miles and 1800 ft of climbing, perfect riding weather.

Kt was on her Rourke and I was on my Keith Coppell.

Crook Peak is in the background, you drive right past in on the M5 between J21 and J 22

DSCN1004_zpsj5jhpbpt.jpg

Close to the Webbington Hotel

DSCN1006_zpsmojb8auu.jpg

Same spot, different angle.

DSCN1009_zpsufavthgj.jpg

Serious riders with our climbing faces on.

IMG_3991_zpsnxguuvk4.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 1,001
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,001
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 1,001
Re:

Champing at the bit to get out for my planned pre-Flanders themed ride.
Today was to be the day! :cool:

So after work, I rode through Brighton, nothing to take photos of there, trust me!
Then up Wilsons Ave,

Used for the Wincanton Classic in '90 and '91. The pro's rode up it 9 times in the second edition! :shock: I wasn't on the big ring for long! It does flatten out a bit half way up though. Across to Woodingdean, over Falmer hill, and along to Lewes.

Found a new bit to try out,

It looked nice, and I thought it would take me to where I wanted to go. It didn't! :oops: But I worked out where I had to divert to, to get to this.

It may not be the Koppenberg, but it's the best we can do around here! You can approach it from a downhill slope opposite, but you have to slow down, or you WOULD do some damage to rims, or at least flat. Took it in first gear, 39x23 in the middle. The stones get a bit smaller as you go up, thankfully! :roll:

Lots of little sharp climbs and narrow roads on this ride,

As well as a few nice descents,

Then heading west, to the bottom of these hills

It was a lovely afternoon, fairly mild, despite the northerly breeze. I even got my legs out!

A couple more slopes to finish me off, the first a short shocker ^^^

swftly followed by this long one

Bending around to the right, until the top of the ridge in the background. A real grind, and on rough, rippled concrete, I was on first gear for this one too :facepalm:

Stuffed by the end, just over 2 1/2 hrs. I won't mention my average, but let's just say, the computer is coming off!

That's as close as I'm going to get to a smile! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Nice to see some old steel out , Neil! :cool:

I think you win the gurning competition. :LOL: :LOL:

Looks like you had a lovely ride in the Sun too, DC

I keep thinking i must get a Strava thingy. But tbh, it takes as long to upload these photos of mine, download, cut and paste, that I seem to spend more time doing that, than riding! :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

First steel ride in a while, it was wonderful, The Keith is just a delight to ride. Kt loves her Rourke too and is planning a respray into plain black, just like mine.

Dale, RESPECT to you for riding single speed.

Mike, at least I have the good taste to keep my uncovered legs to myself.

Back