Today's ROAD ride

Re:

On and offroad ride today, trying out my latest build.

Over to Sandford from home and then up and down the Strawberry Line to Cheddar.

Around 30 miles with very gentle gradients and the bike preformed faultlessly.

DSCN1347_zps5v9pulwp.jpg

DSCN1343_zps1ghcq4l2.jpg

DSCN1349_zpsleoj6wxl.jpg

Not sure if the saddles a keeper, I'll give it another try or two before I swap to a Flite or maybe a Spoon.

Re:

Looks great there, 30 miles more than me, too!

Is that one of those Garmin thingys you've got there?

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1bla4q7n said:
Is that one of those Garmin thingys you've got there?
It is indeed, it accompanies me on nearly every ride.

The only place I don't use it is at Mayhem, as I would not want to lose it at night in the event of a tumble.

Re:

Having felt guilty, thanks Neil :roll: , I went out for a ride today. Starting along an uninteresting dual carriageway to start, then into Arundel, and up and over Whiteways. Looking back over where I'd come from.

WP_20170108_11_13_02_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Nice bit of ironwork!

Then around a local nature reserve, lovely quiet roads around here, and still golden in colour.

WP_20170108_11_22_00_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Through Storrington, and back on quiet singletrack roads, a few ups and downs,

WP_20170108_11_39_56_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Before a flatteringly named lane, a regular road for me, but normally coming back the other way.

WP_20170108_11_50_27_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Then I dropped back down into Steyning, and down to the coast, where I went along to get back home.
A very pleasantly hard 70km, lots of other riders about too. Pretty mucky out there though, undressed in the shower! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

NeilM":1rzy4mx4 said:
I do like to ride on quiet little country lanes.

Me too, even if they are really badly surfaced and muddy. Makes you 'arder my lad! :LOL:

NeilM":2u9e7x21 said:
Looks like a nice ride.

I do like to ride on quiet little country lanes.

+1, these roads can still be found - thankfully. Looks a good ride Mike, like to ride that one with you...plus let's get the Jerusalem ride sorted !

Best, Jon.

Re:

Having finally shaken off this cough / throat thing that has been a blinkin nuisance since before Christmas, I am getting back into regular riding, and as it was such a nice afternoon I decided another thrash up and down the Strawberry Line to Cheddar was in order.

This is while the sun was out.
DSCN1403_zpsv6fmvjaz.jpg

So over the M5 (on a bridge, obviously) and over to Sandford where I picked up the line.

Up to just the other side of Winscombe where the tunnel is. Today I was prepared with a good bright light, just as well as a couple were walking through from the other direction, with a dog, which was not on a lead! :facepalm:

DSCN1407_zpswq82qikv.jpg

In an effort to make it exactly 15 miles each way, I rode right through to Cheddar.

DSCN1412_zpsbuy2qey8.jpg

End of the line. 14.5 miles.

DSCN1413_zpsogxspeho.jpg

So back at a good speed and a quick stop in Axbridge for a photo in front of Axbridge Museum / King John's Hunting Lodge.

DSCN1418_zpsdo1y5udx.jpg

By now the sun had gone behind a cloud bank, it was around 3.00 O'clock and time to put the hammer down, but I still put in a little extra loop so that I got my 30 miles / 48k. :mrgreen:

Any ride that finishes like this, must be a good one.

DSCN1419_zps7hctqjro.jpg

Five minutes with a hose and Two Face was spanky again.

NeilM":2kjmluh1 said:
Any ride that finishes like this, must be a good one..
Disappointed - I was scrolling down expecting to see a pint of ale. Instead, you show a dirty bike

Back