TNT Rear Derailleur - Early/Mid 1990's and Ultimate Machine Bottom Bracket ???

got to do more than a brief research ... TNT was founded earlier.
Sorry no I do not. I am only doing this to investigate the assertion that the derailleur in this post is a product of the original TNT Performance Products, and for my own part to evaluate whether it is more likely a modern knock off, made by someone who has bought several real retro derailleurs, backwards engineered them, had new parts manufactured, likely in china, and is now trying to trick retrobike collectors with fake stories of their origin.

The TNT named stuff you've found on ebay is all for BMX.
Not sure if our earlier rare MTB components do have something in common with TNT BMX equipment and nowadays stuff, rather not.

TNT Performance Products MTB parts was from Phoenix

TNT BMX stuff has a bit of history too, but is meanwhile just a brand for Asian stuff

Great info, and the 92 ad. I found info about the owner from 94-00. So it was possibly acquired by him in 94 and owned for those years.

Sorry no I do not. I am only doing this to investigate the assertion that the derailleur in this post is a product of the original TNT Performance Products, and for my own part to evaluate whether it is more likely a modern knock off, made by someone who has bought several real retro derailleurs, backwards engineered them, had new parts manufactured, likely in china, and is now trying to trick retrobike collectors with fake stories of their origin.
Translated.
Sell new CNC machined colorful anodized rear derailleur.
According to the previous owner, it is a prototype of TNT. But I have not found a similar rear derailleur even after extensive research and sell it as:
"CNC made rear derailleur from an unknown manufacturer".
In any case a very nice and rare piece for collectors.
ITEM LOCATION 9800 SPITTAL CARINTHIA AUSTRIA
Pickup by appointment in Wiesbaden possible.
As a private seller, I exclude liability for material defects under the statutory provisions!
Shipping 15 euros

He states quite plainly unknown manufactuer.

Translated.
As a private seller, I exclude liability for material defects under the statutory provisions!

Not surprised. He and others put their disclaimers in their auctions and sale ads because they don't want to do refunds. Nothing new. But if he is bullshitting authenticity his disclaimer means nothing.

I spoke with the seller several times and he insisted on authenticity and how he aquired them.

Also for those curious the machining, anodization and mechanical movement of the parallelogram is smooth. Weight is right around an XTR unit. 225 grams or so.

Translated.
Sell new CNC machined colorful anodized rear derailleur.
According to the previous owner, it is a prototype of TNT. But I have not found a similar rear derailleur even after extensive research and sell it as:
"CNC made rear derailleur from an unknown manufacturer".
In any case a very nice and rare piece for collectors.
ITEM LOCATION 9800 SPITTAL CARINTHIA AUSTRIA
Pickup by appointment in Wiesbaden possible.
Shipping 15 euros

Yes but with such a high price he is hinting very strongly that it is in fact made back in the days by a renowned brand such as TNT and that it is not just a modern knock-off.

Last edited:

Attachments

• received_761825775297559.jpeg
    received_761825775297559.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 35
  • received_942403343851396.jpeg
    received_942403343851396.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 34
  • received_1400204407422011.jpeg
    received_1400204407422011.jpeg
    327 KB · Views: 29
  • received_2620017308137088.jpeg