TNT Rear Derailleur - Early/Mid 1990's and Ultimate Machine Bottom Bracket ???

Hello,

I am curious if anyone has knowledge and information on these two parts? The Mystery Thread has been dead for five days or so. Of course, this thread can be used for future searching for others too! ;)

Is this a TNT rear derailleur?

View attachment 727643View attachment 727644View attachment 727645View attachment 727646View attachment 727647View attachment 727648View attachment 727649View attachment 727650View attachment 727651View attachment 727652
for me these are TNT prototypes rear derailleurs made for bike show , the anodization patchwork is also typical to present availables anodization colors availables . congrats

The person I picked this up from states that is late Uncle had a bike shop during the mid 80's throughout the 90's. This derailleur plus a few more were stashed away in a box until the nephew was given 'the old bike parts - maybe you're interested' and this one ended up for sale recently. The dude I bought this from didn't have any more detailed information regarding whether this derailleur I have is a prototype or whatever. Would be cool to find an original advertisement or catalogue to confirm prototype or not. Thanks to those who have chimed in thus far!

hi, this derailleur is the best bike part I have every seen 🤩

rectangle shapes and colors do remind me at Bauhaus architecture
bauhaus_meisterhaus_kandinsky-_klee.jpg

Unfortunately there is no documentation about TNT derailleurs at all I'm aware.

With regards to the bottom bracket, I do have maybe the same.
It's rather mid nineties. Please find below the page from the brochure (undated)
Ultimate Machine Bottom Brackets.jpg

BTW, it seems your derailleur or a similar one was on sales at Classifieds in Germany a few weeks ago.

As the offer may disappear soon, just a pic here
TNT performance products Schaltwerk bunt ebayKA1.jpg

On thing I'm curious to understand, while browsing I came across of an earlier offer in Classifieds once more of a TWP chain guide with TISO pulley. So a completely different bike piece from a different manufacturer.
Just color-wise it's so similar:
Again, let me better add pictures instead of just the link:
TWP Kettenführung Tiso ebayka4.jpg
Blue is missing, but isn't red, green and bronze/golden very close?

Maybe it's just coincidence... and at least it would be a good fit or combination of those pieces.

Latest posts

Back