Titanium frames gurus! Can you identify this frame?

It could be a 1993 Emery Titanium. Jean Billion, the designer, wanted to add a ti frame and contacted a japanese maker.
The frame was made in a 6Al-4V, more difficult to weld than the classic 3Al-2.5V. So they rolled a sheet of ti, weld them and add some machined gussets.

Emery.png Emery2.png

Nice info!! Maybe one of this. I assume then its not as valuable as a Merlin or Litespeed....

These Emery are quite rare today. A few were built and they quite all broke because the 6Al-4V was difficult to weld in those old years

Could indeed be an Emery Ti. But the derailleurs cable stops don't match. There's one cable stop on the seat tube for a top-pull FD on the "Spanish" bike, whereas I can't find any on the Emery linked by @24pouces. So the Emery probably had a bottom-pull FD unless something bad has happened during the fixie-conversion. Similarly, The RD cable stops of the seat stays are oriented towards the rear of the Spanish bike vs the front on the Emery. Or my eyes are tired o_O.

Last edited:
You are right. Other difference is the seat tube with a “lug” or with 2 different diameters on thd Emery.
the Emery was weld in Japan. I have contacted Jean Billion the designer of the Emery …
wait and see

Back