Titanium frames gurus! Can you identify this frame?

Fatboy1974

Rocky Mountain Fan
Alpinestars Fan
Hello . A question for Ti gurus.
This bike is on sale in an Spanish portal. The owner claims that is Made in Usa because of a label he had in the past, but he thinks it is not a Litespeed neither a Merlin. But maybe a Sandvik or TST.
Anybody can identify this HT "lug" construction and dropouts?

It mounts a lot of EDR , CNC manufacturer from 9's in spain. And price is under 1000 €.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Ti bike 1.png
    Ti bike 1.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Ti bike 2.png
    Ti bike 2.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Ti bike 3.png
    Ti bike 3.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Captura de pantalla_20230104_201042.png
    Captura de pantalla_20230104_201042.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 134
24hr between bumps please(kidding)

I’ve had a look at a couple of examples.

Not any ti frame I know, it looks great anyways.

I don't know serial number. I will ask for it. HT weldings don't look similar. There is like a Titanium lug in HT , welded to the tubes....

Unsure on the model, lovely frame, nice welds, the construction looks segmented don't know if this is common practice (not experienced enough to know, just opening up for dialogue)

Are the dropouts that good indications to look for? The dropouts of the Litespeed Ocoee have nothing in common with the other Litespeed models. Well, at least in 1992. They furiously resemble the dropouts of some Sandvik-built bikes, though the Ocoee is definitely a Litespeed one :). Moreover, they even differ with model year. Still taking the Litespeed Ocoee as an example, here are the dropouts of a 1991 specimen and here the ones of a later model year.

Last edited:
Good point. For me HT unions are the most rare ones. Whith that double welding.... And wiring on the TT side....
Maybe is a Sandvik one?

Back