there was a blue/white banesto set with Magnesium bodies

Attachments

• time 0.jpg
    time 0.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 639
  • time banesto.JPG
    time banesto.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 639
Well, there's a 25yr old itch scratched...

Attachments

• IMG_20160726_220716~01~01~01.jpg
    IMG_20160726_220716~01~01~01.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 559
I just need to find a compatibility disc set now so I can get some new northwave or DMT speedplay shoes and lose the Look adapter.

By the way, does anyone know how pros who didn't use the Time pedals attached their cleats? E.g. Fignon with his Sidi shoes? I can't believe he used the look adapter. Custom made shoes or time/speedplay cleat mount points?

Re:

I presume that Fignon used the Time adaptor plates with his Sidis...

I have a NOS pair including the cleats for sale if you're interested.

Craig

Thanks but I've got a few of those. I'm looking to lose the thickness of the Look adapter.

The compatibility disc is usually required to make shoes with speedplay specific drilling to work with the cleats as they have a slight recess on them, but some shoes had other systems specific to time - I know the sidi genius 2 (the blue and yellow ones used by Indurain) had a special insert.

I suspect my options are DMT with speedplay drilling or Northwave Extreme with the speedplay adapter,bjt that will probably only save half the thickness of the look adapter...

You can just bolt the sidi aluminum insert to any three bolt sole and use that. As long as the sole isn't wildly profiled (fairly flat) and is very stiff. A flexy sole will bend over the rear of the insert plate.

No. It's far thinner than the plastic block.

Not as good as doing it properly obviously, but a passable halfway house.

Back