Exage trail pedal service

BCNBiker

Dirt Disciple
Hey all,
Anyone know if these pedals (Exage Trail PD-M350) can be serviced? Not sure how to get those metal pins off..
Ta in advance IMG_8696.jpg

I think they are rivets.
And probably harder than the plastic, so id leave them alone

As a rule you can pop off the end cap and undo the pedal locknut to access the outside lock washer, cone and bearings, and then the axle and integral cone will withdraw from the body, releasing the bearings all over the floor.

Reassembly is the reverse of assembly.
But a lot more difficult, even with the right tools.

They look to have had little use. Does the spindle feel rough/gritty/loose? If not, I'd leave them alone and just ride them.

I think they are rivets.
And probably harder than the plastic, so id leave them alone

As a rule you can pop off the end cap and undo the pedal locknut to access the outside lock washer, cone and bearings, and then the axle and integral cone will withdraw from the body, releasing the bearings all over the floor.

Reassembly is the reverse of assembly.
But a lot more difficult, even with the right tools.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yep, I think they are rivets so probably won't start messing around with them..

They look to have had little use. Does the spindle feel rough/gritty/loose? If not, I'd leave them alone and just ride them.
They're in pretty good nick and spindle doesn't have any play. Probably good advice but sometimes hard to resist tinkering 😜

You can pack some fresh grease in there through the end cap without disturbing anything, and with a needle nozzle get some grease in the crank end too.
Then your pedals will probably outlast most of the members of this forum🤣

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back