Time pedal timeline ?

It's interesting i got cleats like those with my original Equipes, but with the Sprints I they were symmetric so you can actually release inwards too although it's not easy like sith Looks. Also interesting is Time supplied the aluminium front cleat with the Sprints whereas a plastic front cleat came with the more upmarket Equipes. Both had brass rear cleats which are pretty indestructible in my experience. I'm still on the set from the Sprints.

all the old (80s) style pedals had the original asymmetric cleats , and all the later ones had the symmetrical style I think , but I never saw alloy rear cams again, so I made a silicon mould and have cast my own carbon/silica/epoxy lightweight ones

Attachments

• IMAG0363 - Copy.jpg
    IMAG0363 - Copy.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 473
latman":1alem7tw said:
I just got all my TBT pedals weighed on the 1 gram scales at work , interesting that the late 80s pedals were lighter than the early 90s ones ,the left ones are steel axles alloy bodies , the middle ones are steel axles and magnesium bodies but the right ones are Titanium axles and Magnesium bodies

those titan magnesium pedals are in lovely condition! i'd love a pair like that - you never see them on ebay in any other nick apart from destroyed and overpriced in US dollars (funnily enough) . .

:roll:

Another couple of weights for the record
These are Racing Magnesium which were near the bottom of the range (I think one step above 50.1)

These are Equipe Titan Magnesium which seem to be a similar weight as the Titan Magnesium so presumably just a different finish?

Attachments

• IMG_20150527_210517.jpg
    IMG_20150527_210517.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_20150527_210501.jpg
    IMG_20150527_210501.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 437
At that weight those 242 gram pedals must be alloy bodied , but I notice they are a slightly different casting to my black 50.1s as the side rails go all the way back to the spring (compared to my 50.1s which do not)

Attachments

• time 0 (6).jpg
    time 0 (6).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 434
I also have the original Time pedals on my classic bikes. However, the pointy Time shoes just do not fit my feet. Any suggestions for a modern shoe that accepts the Time cleats?

Rusty Bodie, you have one nice collection of bikes!!

These are Equipe Titan Magnesium which seem to be a similar weight as the Titan Magnesium so presumably just a different finish?
[/quote]

i have never seen titan mags in this colour scheme, only in the silver and red.

the proof is in the scales tho'!!

:cool:

embankmentlb":2jbmyhr6 said:
I also have the original Time pedals on my classic bikes. However, the pointy Time shoes just do not fit my feet. Any suggestions for a modern shoe that accepts the Time cleats?

Rusty Bodie, you have one nice collection of bikes!!

modern speedplay cleats use the same drilling pattern as Time TBT

rusty bodie":25ah3d9f said:
i have never seen titan mags in this colour scheme, only in the silver and red.
my very first titan mags were in the same colour scheme. (My second pair of times) destroyed them sliding down the road. Also bent a crank, bars, stem and destroyed a saddle. Expensive crash for a teenager. Glad it was the end of the season, took me months to replace it all.

I also have (somewhere) a blue and yellow pair of titan mags (team issue for some french squad a mate rode for in the early 90s)

I should really dig out all my old time pedals and cleats and work out exactly what I do have lying around!
Must be 8-10 pairs, I even threw a bag away when we moved!

Back