Time pedal timeline ?

Yeah I remember Lemond had those uber cool black look pedals and grey brancale shoes when he won in 1986...while Hinault used the original white look pedals and blue Patrick cycling shoes..First time I saw Lemond using time pedals was in 87 or 88 during his one year stint on the dutch PDM team. He rode the Nissan classic here in Ireland with little more than a couple of weeks training and suffered horribly...

I always found the newer style rear brass cams were prone to releasing unexpectedly in critical situations on the 50.1 pedals. While they seemed to work perfectly with the newer equipe pro versions. Occasionally I hear rumours that time are going start making cleats for equipe pedals again. I believe there is a guy in the states who does limited production of the cleats...he sells them on e-bay..

Apparently Jennie Longo was so attached to her 50.1 pedals, she had to get a special dispensation as the French national team was sponsored by look...

Re:

no wonder she loved them so much! the original time pedals offered a range of flexibility that look pedals never could! back in the dark ages we were all drilling our sidi shoes with some kind of knitting pattern that was supplied with the first look pedals and ended up having buggered knees for our trouble!

all i can say is thank god for time pedals or i'd be on crutches by now!!

:?

Glider said:
I've been a huge time equipe TBT fan since 1988, and I was happily using them until the cleats became increasingly hard to find. I did try some impact pedals way back in 2004 and absolutely hated them. I just found their narrower q-factor caused my ankles to rub against the cranks, so after one ride I reinstalled the equipes..

...what's about by your Impact pedals - I looking for a pair of them to build up a 2004/5s Quickstep-Davitamon TIME VXR replica.

Re:

All i can say is just beware of the current generation of Time i-clic pedals.

Although the mechanism is easy to get into and out of the platform where the foot rests is pointed and lethally sharp - akin to Ben Hurr chariot knife blades.

Twice this summer the left pedal hit the back of my calf just gently and now i have two deep scars there.

I have already filed a radius on the side of mine after feeling that sharpness with the fingers

latman":1rc0hcpb said:
i had some of those titan mags years ago but i broke one of the rear spring tabs off in a fall , the Ti spindles got fitted into some later model criterium pedals and did a few more miles in their new home

Hi, did you do the spindle swap yourself? I've got a pair of titan mag equip pedals with loose bearings so they're clicking. I've got the outer circlip off but can't work out how to get the seal and spindle out so I was hoping someone could give me a pointer. I've got a pair of racing mag pedals with good bearings so I'll try and cannibalise if possible.

Cheers, David

Back