This build ain't gonna be cheap! -Pace Content-

Where has all that time gone? It seems like only yesterday I opened the box.

Anyway, the project is far from forgotten:

I think I now have a full M950/951/952 9 speed group. That has taken me a while to accumulate.
The wheels are in the LBS being assembled.
All I need now is a chain and a bb.

On the subject of BB's does anyone know what length axle this will need? Its a 68mm shell with m951 XTR cranks running 27 speed.

Hola amigo, compro todas las piezas pero ahora tengo problemas con las llantas...............

Sorry about that, I must have been distracted by your avatar. It's miserable here and I wish I was back nearer where you are.

What I meant to say was that all the parts are here including the illusive 112.5mm m950 BB.

The hold up now is the wheels. Shortly after Christmas I dropped them into the LBS who said they'd get them built by next week. When I checked on them 3 weeks later the manager insisted they should be radially spoked but he hadn't got around to ordering them yet.... Thankfully they had recently employed someone I knew who was able to persuade the gaffer he was talking turd, but now they've given me some cock and bull about why they can't build them. As a result I now need to get them back here and build them myself.... whooo hoooo.... something else to fix.........

As there aren't any interesting Pace related photos to add to this thread you might aswell have some of the truck which is wearing its new wheels. They were fitted in seconds with no problems at all as was the new carb' which got it running and driving for the first time since 1992. Strangely enough about the time the Pace left the factory.

Hopefully i'll get some bike related photos up soon.

Attachments

• pup feb 14 001.JPG
    pup feb 14 001.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 228
  • pup feb 14 002.JPG
    pup feb 14 002.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 228
legrandefromage":10r13vp1 said:
It was rusty.

They came like that.

……..and then just got worse! :D

I used to have a Mk2 Cooper S. It was a little bit like Triggers broom! :LOL:

Sold mine getting on for 20 years ago to a lad who promptly put it in a field on it's roof. :roll: :facepalm:

We had it away with the engine and rear mini fins (remember them) before it was towed though. :D

Back