The ultimate Pace accessory...?

Great read and great build. I've been umming and ahhing about v brakes on my pace build (an F3) and think you may have tipped the balance.

In terms of fork decals, the MXC range forks I had until recently, and the ones I put on my wife's orange clockwork simply had the pace welder decal on each leg (along with the pace lettering) so that could be the way to go rather than running the wrong fork decal.

I'm still torn on what forks to run on mine, and being a 1 inch head tube, I'm a touch limited, but as you have given your build a lot of though and it turned out really well, what would you put on a slightly older pave frame from:

RC35 (tubular or CNC brace) - giving the option of RC30s
RC35 MXC (with the stage II ti kit)
RC36 Evo (carbon braced version with either silver or gold sliders)
RC38 Air force II (front facing brakes on a pace fork??)

Happy riding!

ishaw":2q2pbgz6 said:
Great read and great build. I've been umming and ahhing about v brakes on my pace build (an F3) and think you may have tipped the balance.

In terms of fork decals, the MXC range forks I had until recently, and the ones I put on my wife's orange clockwork simply had the pace welder decal on each leg (along with the pace lettering) so that could be the way to go rather than running the wrong fork decal.

I'm still torn on what forks to run on mine, and being a 1 inch head tube, I'm a touch limited, but as you have given your build a lot of though and it turned out really well, what would you put on a slightly older pave frame from:

RC35 (tubular or CNC brace) - giving the option of RC30s
RC35 MXC (with the stage II ti kit)
RC36 Evo (carbon braced version with either silver or gold sliders)
RC38 Air force II (front facing brakes on a pace fork??)

Happy riding!

The V's are brilliant I have to say, plenty of stopping power, as good as discs in my opinion, and lighter too.

The correct decals for these are blue with orange writing, in know this as they rubbed off a few years ago. Correct or not, I prefer the simple elegant Pace wording as it goes nicely with the theme.

Of the forks you mention, it depends really what you want the bike for, is it for riding or looking at? I have both RC36 evo (spring) and RC35 MXCD (elastomer, and I prefer the MXCD's as they just feel better. But this depends on being able to get the right elastomers. I'd say the Airforce might be a bit too modern for the F3, again it depends on what you want to use it for. Rear facing brakes are the way forwards, as it is so Pace.

I think you can get 1 inch steerers and shims for all Pace forks, so 1" shouldn't be an issue.

I put XTR v's on mine, not original or 'period', but then if I had owned it from new I would definitely have upgraded over the years, very few would keep a bike in original condition, it seems to be those who restore them that want this look.

I took my Pacey to the forest of dean last week, and she looked a little old parked amongst all the full sussers, but she got a lot of attention! My mates did chuckle a little, and yes it was slightly harder to keep up downhill, but uphill she left them for dust!

Back